Monday, January 7, 2008

What do these have in common?


What do these have in common, you ask? Oh I'll tell you.
~
Two nights ago Dean and I were just chatting with eachother like we always do, and the subject somehow turned to me saying that I would never ever live out in the middle of the wilderness. It's not that I don't love mother nature, because I do, I just hate the creepy homeless killers that live out in mother nature. Maybe I have just seen too many scary movies where people get killed in their homes that have no neighbors around for miles, but personally, I prefer to be relatively close to other homes so that when the creepy killer comes into my house and I shoot him with our shotgun, my neighbor will hear it and call the police too. We have friends that grew up out in the boonies, and they said that they never ever locked their doors on their car or in their house while growing up and I'm thinking, "Are you guys freaking crazy!??!" Locking doors is an unconscious thing for me. I've actually locked Dean out of the house on more than one occasion when I've closed the door behind him when he was going to the mailbox or running back out to the car to get the rest of the groceries.
~
Anyways, I was saying he couldn't pay me enough money to live in the middle of nowhere-ville like Alaska or Montana, and Dean suddenly says, "Okay honey. Would you consider moving into the wilderness if we bought a HUGE mansion, and we had a minefield surrounding the house with dogs carrying AK-47's patrolling through it?"
~
I about started crying I was laughing so hard because the mental picture was so perfect. Once I calmed down, I told him I would move ONLY if all those things were included. My husband cracks me up.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

sounds crazy, but I 100% totally agree with you. Chad wants to live way out in the middle of nowhere and I'm like, "Whatever! Crazy people will come and kill us and there will be nobody around to hear us scream!" If we had like a bunch of guards, plus everything you said, then I would consider it...except it would be difficult to send the girls out into the yard to play when there are big bombs ready to go off....maybe I'll have to rethink this plan.

AdamOndi said...

Wait a minute. You have been to our house, surrounded as we are by neighbors and general suburbia. You have also seen the graffiti and generally scuzzy people. You would choose that over a house out in the country without any of those annoyances? I am much more worried about our house in the suburbs getting broken into than if we were out in the middle of nowhere.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i want a picture of the dogs holding the guns when you get that rigged up. :)

Adolescent Family said...

So, let me get this straight~dogs, guns, and minefields...? hmmm. Yeah, I think your CRAZY!

No killers drive that far out of there way in HOPES, that they get to kill you and take all your stuff~

Besides, I just saw on the news that some criminal was taking cover in the residential neighborhood just this week!

You can live in the country with a nice house, alarm and big dogs and be perfectly safe~

But this is coming from the girl who grew up in the BOONIES, and NEVER locked my car! We did however lock the house at night time :)