Monday, January 14, 2008

Don't waste your money...



Wow. All I can say is 'Wow."
~
No, I can actually say more than that and I will. I can earnestly say that In The Name Of The King has hands down won a spot in my top 5 worst movies of all time list, and it should be on all of yours too. Dean and I went out on a date last night, and he had suggested we go see P.S. I Love You, but I knew he had been really wanting to see this so I insisted we go see this and of course he was elated. I should have picked the chick flick. I literally only made it 2 minutes into the movie when my trademark raised eyebrows in disbelief came into play and uncontrollable snickering kicked in and pretty much didn't stop until the ridiculous ending. There is something wrong with a medieval movie that has Cirque du Soleil performers in the forest, ninjas doing quadruple back flips while decapitating an orc-like creature, and Ray Liotta. It's just wrong. It was like a drunk kindergartner saw Lord of the Rings and tried to make a spin off of it with his daddy's HandyCam, and somehow managed to bribe the head honchos at Brightlight Pictures with Gerber food and snacktime goldfish, and that duped them into releasing it. That drunk kindergartner should never be allowed near a camera again, ever.
~
I will be going to a hypnotist to see if we can't purge that waste of space out of my grey matter.

3 comments:

Amy said...

HAHA! You're movie reviews are hilarious! Keep 'em coming! :-)

DeAndra said...

Thanks for the head's up...good to know!

AdamOndi said...

While I typically vehemently disagree with your opinions about pretty much ANY movie, there was no chance that this movie would be good. I mean, come on. It is a movie based on a video game, and we all know how lousy those always are. To illustrate my point, however, I will quote what my favorite movie reviewer (Eric D. Snider) said about this movie:

"In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale is from notorious German director Uwe Boll, widely considered the worst filmmaker currently working. His previous films have been either video game adaptations (“The House of the Dead,” “Alone in the Dark”) or fantasy-and-swords crap (“BloodRayne”); this one appears to be both!" -- from www.ericdsnider.com

So we know that YOU hated it. What did Dean think?