1 Coaxial cable + Dean and Jeff tromping through our over-insulated attic to track down where wiring is routed + 1 $25 5 minute house call from Medicacom = internet service. Pretty simple, eh? Dean and I moved our computer desk into our basement on Tuesday because we decided I needed to put my massage table in that room instead of doing them in our freezing basement and me having to massage the icicles off off people's extremeties because it's so frickin' cold down there. So we disassemble the desk and haul everything downstairs only to find out that we don't get internet down there. The geniuses at Mediacom only hooked up our top floor to be internet ready when we first had it installed 2 years ago but apparently they only hook up 1 room and then it's $15 per room on top of that which we didn't know until today. Anyways, we called Mediacom all ticked off on Tuesday night, and the technician we talked to on the phone was very kind and explained to us every possible thing it could be that we could do but to no avail. We scheduled for a service technician to come out only after Dean and Jeff explored our attic to see if there was any way they could reroute our wiring but it would have been a little bit too tricky and they didn't want to accidentally mess up anybody elses service. So today good old Bob came out, walked around to the side of the house, unlocked a box, connected our basement cable to a splitter, closed said box, yelled through our house to Dean to see if the internet was working, had us sign a paper saying we will pay $25 for his strenuous work, and then left with his muddy boot prints still fresh on our kitchen floor.
~
9 comments:
Oh man, that sucks. I don't know about you... but I can't stand to be without the internet!!!!! Glad you guys got it back!
Hear ya there...we had only one phone connection that worked. The guy came, and just replaced the face or something, he was gone before I could turn around. but the bill stayed...
Hey, welcome back!
YAY!!!! My Chelle has returned!!!! I was so depressed without you that I pretty much sat in a dark corner the whole time. I only got up to check and see if you were back and every time I was sadly disappointed. Now I can LIVE LIFE AGAIN.....because you have internet.... my life is confusing, don't judge me
P.S. I haven't lost much weight, I'm at about 115 now, which is the lightest that I was out there. So, not a huge difference. I looked gross when I was sick, though. Anyway, I'm eating lots of crap and not trying to lose weight, so I wouldn't be too worried
Hmm... I wondered where you went to. Sorry you had to stay in Internet-
Free-Land for a while. The good news is, though, whenever we come to visit next, I will have a nice warm room to get a massage in. THANKS!!
This reminds me of when my family first got a cable modem. The guy who came to install it the first time was adamant that he would have to drill through the concrete foundation to put a cable into the basement. He left and I proceeded to send down a cable from the upstairs room where the cable was currently by drilling a hole in the wooden floor. I figured that would be better than a hole in concrete. A week later, a different installer came and used the cable that I put down there. Voila. Cabletards.
4 days without the internet. AAAH!!! Seriously, I don't know what we did before the internet. Thats good that things are back on track.
That's crazy! Next time call Drew. I don't mean to brag...but he has a way of rigging and fixing almost anything. Sorry for your internet fast. Bummer. Glad it's going well though. :-)
Post a Comment