~
Yeah, 9:30AM was too early this year. Dean and I would have slept in until 3PM if the sun wasn't so bright. We do love our sleep. We moseyed out of bed, put on our new pajama pants, and drug ourselves downstairs to see what we had given eachother in our stockings.
We just opened our last door on our little Big Lots chocolate advent calendars. Dean and I both had those growing up so we decided we are still going to get them every Christmas, and continue on with the tradition with our kids when we have them.
Adam and Lisa somehow read our minds and know exactly what we would love. Dean got a Nerf Dart gun from them, and he LOVE LOVE LOVES it! Now he tries to turn the Nintendo on from across the room by shooting the power button with his Nerf gun. He shoots the clock. He shoots our pictures. He shoots the windows. He shoots the tv. He shoots the wall. He shoots the ...you get the idea. Point being, he loves it.
And Adam and Lisa managed to find the worlds most perfect puzzle for me. Not too many pieces. It's not a realistic landscape. It doesn't have 2 sides to the pieces. It is EXACTLY the type that I love. Thank you guys! We love and miss you!
Then on to the most delicious part of the day. The dean and chelle Christmas dinner tradition is a Raclette dinner. Now, for anyone who doesn't know what Raclette is, let alone hasn't tasted it, I truly feel sorry for you. It is a cheese packaged directly in heaven, and sent to your local grocery store. You buy a Raclette oven, in the picture it's the black double layered contraption with the red on the sides, and it has 4 triangle metal trays that you put on the bottom level to melt the cheese. And while you're waiting for the cheese to melt, you can put artichoke hearts (my personal favorite), sausage, baby corn, shrimp, etc. on the top level which is kind of like a griddle. Once the cheese is melted you pour it over a half of a red potato and put the other sides with it and it is divine. The cheese is crazy expensive but by golly, it is worth its weight in gold.
Mmmmmmmm. Great, now I'm craving it again.
~
We had a wonderful quiet Christmas, the first one we have had by ourselves since we've known eachother. We opened presents, took a nap, watched tv, talked to family and friends on the phone, ate the most wonderful meal known to man together, and spent all day being grateful that we have eachother.
3 comments:
I'm SO GLAD you got your keychain!!! I was really hoping that you would get it!
I'm glad your presents got there on time. We miss you guys, too!!
What?!? So we know what you guys like. Lisa remembered a bunch of the things you like about puzzles, so that made it easier to pick one out. As for picking Dean's present, well, I just pick out something I know I would like, and Dean likes it. It makes it really easy that we both like so much similar stuff.
Post a Comment