Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dean's brain is all over our driveway...

...or at least it almost was. When we were outside playing on Eutopian Day (see posting below this), Dean and I were running around the back of our townhouse to go turn off our car (it had been warming up and we decided we wanted to take some more pictures outside before we headed off to Mexican food splendor so we needed to go turn it off) and while running down the driveway, Dean slipped and fell flat on his back and whacked the back of his noggin on the cement. I was a couple of feet in front of him so I didn't actually get to see it happen. Next thing I know, I hear a moaning behind me and Dean is sprawled on the driveway writhing in pain. Now, I know I have something majorly wrong with me because I think it is absolutely hilarious when people get hurt. Something is wired wrong in my brain because I can't help but laugh when people trip or fall down (good thing I never became a nurse, huh!?). So my sweet husband is lying there grabbing his head and I think, "Hmmm, what a good photo op!" Hence, the picture below this. I tried to contain my laughing while attempting to console him, which just annoyed him because he thought that I shouldn't be laughing but he knew that I had this problem before he married me. He finally got up and we went inside so that he could sit down. After a little while he realized that his neck muscles were starting to tighten up really badly and he was getting sporadic headaches. It turns out that he gave himself some whiplash and a minor concussion. It took 3 days for the neck pain to go away and everything seems fine now, thank goodness. Next time he falls he needs to make sure I can see it firsthand so I can enjoy the show.
~
I need some therapy. I know.

I know it shouldn't be funny, BUT IT IS!!!


Sad man.

Owie head.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

AdamOndi said...

Aw, man. Sorry Deano. Nothing spoils a Utopian day quite like a minor concussion.