Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dean tried to break my leg on Christmas Eve...

How can you try to break the leg of your wife who likes to suprise you by putting on a French moustache and a goatee with shaving cream just for the heck of it?
~
I'll tell you how....

Christmas Eve started out absolutely ideal. I was in a great mood. Dean was in a great mood. We went shopping. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I did my makeup, which is not a common everyday occurrence. All was right in the world.
~
I came downstairs, and I jumped up on Dean. We have this thing we do where I run to him and jump on him while he's standing, wrap my legs around his waist, and he carries me around and eventually gently sets me down. Well, this time all was well when I did that until Dean was going to set me on the floor but he didn't realize that we were as close to the coffee table as we were. He started to put me down and next thing I know, the front of my right lower leg as scraping from bottom to top on the edge of the coffee table and I feel like my skin is being ripped off and that he busted my tibia because his and my full weight is being pushed on my poor leg.
~
Cue the howling in pain.
~
I sat there clenching my leg while waiting for the bone to break through the skin because if it hurt as badly as it did, surely it was going to poke through and rip my skin at any second. Sadly to say, it didn't. So maybe my perception gets a little skewed when I'm in pain!? So what!
I hobbled over to the couch, and was instantly in a foul mood (hence, the above picture).
When I'm in a foul mood, Dean gets all down too. But at least he still kept the Christmas spirit by wearing his Santie hat.




Now, the finished product of Christmas Eve Body Slam 2007. I know, I know, it doesn't look like much but it has bruised more since this picture and that sucker hurts when touched.

~

I've requested that next year if Dean feels like trying to kill me on Christmas Eve again, he at least does something that will land me in the hospital and gets us on the news so that we can publicly wish our family and friends a Merry Christmas instead of sending out greeting cards.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Owie! Hope it feels better now!

P.S. Love the mustache!

AdamOndi said...

That was totally self defense. No court in the land would convict Dean of anything but defending himself against that vicious attack.