Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shoot me in the face...


I took my A&P final this afternoon so I decided I wanted one last picture of me looking happy for Dean before I turned into a zombie at my desk from complete synaptic shutdown.

And turn into a zombie I did. But I did it at the beginning of the test, not at the end like most people.

Our test was 155 questions over the 9 chapters we've covered since Sept. I've had 200 pages of anatomy shoved into my little 3 pound brain thus far, and you would think that I could remember the simple things that have been gone over bazillion times in class!? Apparently not. The 15th question on the test asked where glycogen is stored. We have gone over that a bazillion times but I couldn't remember where it is stored to safe my ever lovin life! I can tell you forwards and backwards about everything from mitosis to lysozomes to the endoplasmic reticulum to the mediastinum to hematopoeisis to sarcomeres to cerebrospinal fluid to the cauda equina to tectorial membranes to synovial fluid to amphiarthroidal joints to haversian canals to blah blah blah.... you get the idea. It's just so frustrating when I'm staring at a question i KNOW i know the answer to but I can't think of the answer for anything. I know it happens to everyone but for some reason today it really frustrated me because I know that I know the material and I had a mental block for whatever reason on the simple stuff.

Maybe I will just go now and watch Dora the Explorer and see if I can't learn a thing or two.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Eew, I hate physiology. Sorry bout the test. But at least you learned the material, that's the important part. I didn't just flunk my physiology tests, I didn't learn anything either, but I wish I had, because it's really good stuff to know. Ok, that's enough from me.

Ashleigh said...

You cut your hair! It's all shorty mc'short. Cute! Awe, Chelldonia I miss ya

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

you can forget the shooting in the face cuz i won't do it!