Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ice ice baby...

We had a wicked awesome ice storm here on Saturday. Our day started out with sleeping in crazy late because we could, and we never get the chance to do that so we take advantage of it at every opportunity. However, when we actually decided to get out of bed, I stood up and my back hurt so incredibly bad. I had a crazy pinched nerve in my lumbars so I about shot through the roof from searing pain every time I had to bend over or sit down. So we made a phone call to Palmer and the told us they would be able to get me in if I came in right away.

So Dean and I threw on our socks and shoes and dashed out the door only to find that our car was covered in 1/4 inch frozen ice. It took a good 5 minutes to get it even partially chipped off in the areas that Dean HAD to see through. Then as we're driving, it was still pouring down freezing rain, we had to pull over and de-ice one more time. It was awesome. Anyways, we made it to Palmer, I got adjusted, and I felt great.

Fast forward 2 hours to Dean and I at Sam's Club. We figured we'd try there because we thought they'd have good deals on coats, which they didn't. Anyways, I was in a silly mood and I busted out with a cartwheel in the middle of an aisle, and as I was finishing it I heard and felt something pop in my lower back. I pretty much undid my adjustment, and I was in pain the rest of the day and part of the day today. So no more Sam's Club cartwheels for me.

Anyways, Dean and I had a good old time yesterday together. We went to lunch at Panera's, shopped at Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sam's Club, Walgreen's, and CVS. And every time we came out of a store Dean had to ice scrape all of our windshields again. He was a good Samaritan and helped a girl whose car had been sitting in the freezing weather for 8 hours and was absolutely coated in ice. She was so grateful because it would have taken her forever to do it herself. Dean is such a service oriented guy, and I admire that so much about him. He would be the guy to stop to help you change a flat tire on the side of the freeway. That's a real man to me.
Anywho, by the time we went to Schnuck's, one of the grocery stores here, my lower back was absolutely DYING and I just needed to lie down. The pain was starting to radiate down my legs and that is never good. So we headed on home and I promptly laid down on our couch for 5 consecutive hours. I felt bad because I had to skip out on a baby shower I wanted to go to, but I would have just gone there and laid on their couch while the mom-to-be opened her presents on the floor and that wouldn't have been fun for anybody. So I just had Dean take her present to Palmer with him today because she's a student there.
So yeah, it's still freezing here. It was 18 degrees this morning and is supposed to get that low again tonight. Bring it on Mother Nature, bring it on!


1/4 inch thick ice coated our entire car. It was awesome.

Chip chip chip away baby. It's paid off buying a good ice scraper.



He's such a worker bee.

You can't see his face. I think he's the Grimm Reaper.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

Silly Goose! You probably shouldn't do cartwheels after getting adjusted. I hope you are feeling better now!

Amy said...

P.S. We missed you at the shower. I was wondering where you were!

Brent and Emily said...

You've got to love the winters in Iowa!!! Ice storms and freezing cold temps. I can't wait until January and February when it really starts to get cold. I'll be dreaming of moving somewhere warm.

Sarah-Olivia said...

I do NOT miss Iowa!!! I am so glad to be rid of those winters!! Good luck surviving!