Saturday, December 15, 2007

NEVER again...

Last night Dean and I went and saw the much anticipated I Am Legend. Dean has been dying to see it for months and months, basically ever since he first heard it was going to be released yesterday. So of course I wanted to go to see it with him because I love watching his face in movies that he has been hankering to see because his face gets so animated at the intense fighting scenes.

Yeah, BIG mistake.

I kid you not, the first time I saw one of the zombie-ish type creatures, I won't say what they are really called in case someone who reads this is going to see it, pop out of the darkness in I Am Legend, I about threw our popcorn across the theater and jumped on Dean's lap and my heart went into arrhythmia. When I get really scared and startled in a movie theater, I tend to grab onto Dean and pinch or squezze or dig my nails into something on him, and I literally can't help it, it's some sort of reflex for me and also a distractor. So my poor hubby is next to me writhing in pain because I have a death grip on him that I only half know I'm doing, meanwhile I'm next to him trying to remember to breathe and my feet are climbing and kicking the chair infront of me. Thankfully no one was in the chair in front of me. I've had people laugh at me in theaters before because of how big of a baby I am. It ended up that I literally didn't watch about 1/4th of the movie because I couldn't handle how gruesome and grotesque and intense the zombie scenes were. And the sounds they made, oh my goodness, I still can't handle it.

Then fast forward to bedtime last night. I dreamed about how the zombies were after me and I had to kill the zombie's ALL NIGHT LONG. At 3:00AM I woke up and was so incredibly scared of the dark because of that movie, and I am NEVER scared of the dark, that I had Dean get up, turn on the lights, turn on the hallways lights, turn on the bathroom lights, and then I was able to get up and go to the bathroom. Oh, and I also made him stand guard at the bathroom door. That is how much that stupid movie got into my head. Then when I finally got back to sleep after an hour or so, I dreamed about the zombies and their contorted faces for the rest of the night. Needless to say, I woke up in a really really bad mood this morning.

Point being, NEVER again. Dean can go see those types of movies by himself. I'll stick to Enchanted or Bee Movie.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can't handle those kinds of movies either! I don't like anything gruesome at all. I like the safe kiddie movies. Bring on the Shrek! Brett & I saw the movie Mr. Brooks the other night and that was really gross. I can't handle it because the images from those kind of movies stick with me for a while. Yuck!

Ashleigh said...

I wanted to go see that with Chad..but maybe I shouldn't anymore. I'm a bigger baby than you. I will probably have nightmares just from your description of the zombies.

crazy lady said...

Thanks for the heads up on that! Chuck has been talking about the movie and so far we haven't made it there yet. Now, I'm pretty sure he'll be seeing solo - well, at least without me! I'm So going to see Enchanted!