Sunday, March 23, 2008

Chase's visit to Iowa Part 2...


We took Chase up to Maquoketa Caves on Friday afternoon and that was the highlight of the trip to me. Chase was dying to see snow since they obviously never get any in AZ and he got his snow. Granted, it wasn't falling out of the sky but beggars can't be choosers. The above picture is the first cave they shimmied through. It was awesome.




Chase sliding down some rocks in a cave.



There was a huge stalactite behind us. Of course Dean and Chase tried to break every ice stalactite and stalagmite they saw but those suckers don't budge.



Yeah, that's a group of bats. Dean and Chase ventured into a big cave that is closed during the winter due to hibernating bats but no sign was going to keep them out of there.




Ewwww, scary bats. Ok, I'm kidding. They weren't afraid of any bats. I was the scaredy cat. I ventured in far enough to see one and then I was outta there. Dean and Chase hiked the whole cave and I just sat there and waited forever.


1 comment:

Devin and Chelsey said...

ohhhhhhh scary!! When I come to visit, we are TOTALLY going there!!! I love caves!