Sunday, March 23, 2008
Chase's visit to Iowa Part 1...
Dean's wonderful 15 year old brother, Chase, came out to stay with us this last week since he had Spring Break and we are so glad he did. We had a really fun time with him and we think he had a good time with us too...
This was pretty much the common sight around our house when we weren't doing anything. Chase brought his Wii with him from AZ and he brought Super Smash Brothers and seriously, I think they must have clocked a good 15-20 hours on it in the 6 days he was here.
Once we finally got our car back, (it broke down on Friday and we had to be towed to a repair shop, the crankshaft speed sensor busted and a couple hundred bucks later it was fixed and we also had to rent a car to get by until we got our Jetta back, so needless to say, we're pretty strapped for cash now!) we decided that Chase needed to learn to drive a manual. He did awesome. Seriously, he was a natural. He did way better than I did when I was first learning to drive one. We took him over to the church parking lot and let him have at it. If you look at the above picture, he's trying not to smile because he's turning on the car for the first time. It was adorable.
And he's off. He practiced on Monday just in the church parking lot and then we went back on Tuesday and let him practice some more and then told him that he was going to drive home. He was a bit nervous but we took him on backroads and he did just fine. So now of course he wants a manual for his first car.
We went shooting out in Princeton, IA on Thursday and even though it was frickin freezing out, we all had a good time. Chase got to shoot our Remingon 870 Express (he'd never shot a shotgun before), our Colt .45 1911, and our KelTek P32. Now we have to restock our ammo because those boys went through it like it was going out of style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm a little jealous, wish I could have been there to shoot crap and play in the snow, but nope, I was here in the crappy rain, working. Although the highlight... we got our new baby kittie!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment