Sunday, March 9, 2008

All you ever wanted to know about honig...

I was tagged by Ash to do a posting about my honig but most of the questions she's asked, I did in a previous post, so I conjured up a different one so I could fulfil the task of being tagged because I am not one to disappoint. Okay, yeah, so sometimes I am but not today....



(1998 Olympics. He took 2nd)

What is his name? Donald.....no, that's not it. Drew.....nope, not that one either. Dennis.... doesn't sound right. Dirk.....I think I'm getting closer. Dunder-Mifflin......yeah that's it. Dunder-Mifflin. That's his name.

What is his profession and how did he choose it? Right now he is a professional Loan Accumulator and I must say he is pretty darn good at his job. He has entered an elite circle of the 6-Digit Club, and I am pushing him to try a little harder and see if he can't make it into the 7-Digit Club. Oh, and in his spare time he goes to chiropractic school and studies quite a bit. But that's only when he's not on the phone haggling with Palmer seeing if he can't get tuition raised another $100,000 per year to hopefully make that 7-Digit Club. Go baby! I support you all the way!

When and how did you meet your spouse? Vegas. High Rollers room in the Bellagio. Our eyes met across the table after I had just put down a $60,000 bet on blackjack and he had just put a cool $90,000 on roulette. It was love at first sight. We took in a Celine Dion show. Rode the roller coaster on top of the stratosphere. Got married in the same chapel as Elvis and Priscilla. The best weekend of our lives.

Ok, how did you REALLY meet your spouse? I met him at church before he left on his mission to Switzerland and Germany, and he was all kinds of in love with me but I was dating another guy at the time, but honest to goodness, I don't have any concrete memories to draw on him of pre-mission. But 2 years later he was giving his homecoming talk in our singles ward at church and he didn't recognize me until he was giving his talk up on the stand (I had blonde blonde hair before he left and I had gone back to my natural brown while he was away) and while he was talking he looked at me and he all of a sudden realized who I was and he fell in love with me all over again. He asked me out after sacrament, I begrudgingly said yes (I have a rule that if a guy has the courage to ask you out, you owe him a date no matter what because that is one of the most intimidating things in the whole world), I almost cancelled our date because he started hiccuping next to me in Sunday School (don't ask), we went on our date, I fell asleep on our date, went home at 2:30AM and that was that. We were friends for a little while at first and then I discovered I had feelings for him and then 16 months later we were sealed in the Seattle Temple for time and all eternity.

Who vacuums? If we lived in a Utopian world and owned a Dyson like Ash does, I would vacuum every day of my life too. But I don't and we have our little green Eureeka that my rockin' mother-in-law gave us for our wedding and it's hanging on to its last little amp of life so we'll make do with what we have. Dean and I switch off vacuuming. I'm pretty neurotic about vacuuming under our couches and coffee table and vacuuming at our baseboards (if you know me, you know dust makes my skin crawl) so we just take turns moving the furniture and the other one just vacuums right along.

Who could win a thumb war contest? Sadly to say, I always lose. Even after I have developed these massive thumb muscles from massaging, he's just got the quickness.

How do you settle disputes? Rock. Paper. Scissors. Is there another way because, if so, we sure haven't learned it.

What is the one thing people probably don't know about your spouse? He LOVES to read. I'm not talkin' about just casually loving reading. He LOVES it and would read every single second of the day if he could. There have been many many many MANY a night where we will say our prayers, go to bed, and I'm out cold within 3 minutes and honig will stay up until 2 or 3 AM with his little Petzl headlamp on and will just read to his heart's content. I'll roll over and barely open my eyes because I notice there's a faint light coming from my husbands head and I think I'm seeing an angel but then I just realize it's his headlamp.

Now you know a little more about my honig and the goodness that is him.

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I had forgotten that you already did one of these, but you know how it goes when people tag you. You feel this strong obligation to do it and then continue it and the first person that came to mind was you. Your version was much better, though. P.S. Tell Dean that he's lookin' amazing and that Chad said, "I wish I had those arms." Very gay, yes, but there you go.

The Shepro's said...

what the heck is a honig?

Sara said...

Jeremy and I have got to try that "rock, paper, scissors" thing. It would be better than our current method, which usually involves one or the other giving in to avoid any more almost-arguments while still "knowing" that we're probably right...

Devin and Chelsey said...

I gotta say, the picture is creepin' me out.