Friday, November 9, 2007

5 random and obscure facts...

Here are 5 random and obscure facts about me that you probably don't know...

1. I can do an awesome impersonation of a Velociraptor right after I wake up. My voice isn't up to par yet so I can screech with the best of em'. It makes Dean laugh every time.

2. I have been pulled over 5 times for speeding but have never been issued a ticket. I'm telling you, it's all about the laughter and the admitting you were speeding to the police officer. Make em' your friend and then they don't have the heart to give you a ticket. Works every time. But I suppose I should probably stop speeding too.

3. I HATE speaking in public. Absolutely despise it. Nothing in this world makes me more nervous than having to speak in front of people. My mind goes blank, and I can't control the tapping that my right foot does. I'm sure it sounded more like drum practice than a talk last time I gave a talk in church.

4. I'm a dusting-aholic. I kid you not, at least once every 2 weeks I dust our baseboards in our house, all of our pictures, our computer desk, our entertainment center, our kitchen cupboards, it if has a surface that it exposed, I dust it. There is just something gross about dust to me. I even secretly dust off stuff at our family and friends' houses when they're not looking. Dean has learned to accept this oddity about me and now he willingly helps out with dusting whenever I ask. He's the best.

5. I wish it would snow all year round. All 365 days. I look forward to winter like you wouldn't believe, and waking up to fresh snowfall, there is nothing else like it. It is so serene and the world actually is quiet. I love getting up at 5AM with Dean and going for a walk in the freshly fallen snow before there are any footprints on the sidewalk or any tire tracks on the road. The world looks pure and uncluttered. It's beautiful and wonderful.


Okay, now Tiff, Ash, Sarah, Kelsey, Bethany, and Emily. Your turn. 5 random things about you.

2 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

What a fun idea. I love learning little facts that you don't know about people. Ok..I need to see this velociraptor and PLEASE come over to my house and dust all you want!!!!

Adolescent Family said...

Yes...do come and dust! Plus I can accept all the things you have listed, except I have a hard time believing you LOVE getting up at 5am to go out in IOWA BITTER COLD??? I think you are dreaming sista!