Anyways, we had a blast putting them up, but the best part was unwrapping them and reminiscing about where where we bought them and when. Almost every ornament we have has special meaning behind it so it is so fun taking a trip down memory lane.
Dean and I have a tradition that we've done ever since the first year we were dating. We buy a Pottery Barn frame ornament with the year monogrammed on it, and we put in a picture of us that we've taken at some point that year that represents a significant events in our lives. For instance, our 2004 ornament has a picture of us on a date since that was the year that we started dating. 2005 ornament has a picture of our wedding. 2006 has a picture of Palmer since Dean started chiropractic school that year. 2007 will have a picture of Dean and I infront of a Capri College of Massage Therapy sign since I started massage therapy school this year. One day after we've been married for 40 or so years, we'll just have a tree that just has frame ornaments on it that our kids and grandkids can look at and see the changes over the years and will bring back many happy memories.
Also, every year we buy a dove ornament. We love hunting around for the 'the one' dove ornament that speaks to us before Christmas, but sometimes it finds us. And like the frame ornaments, one day we'll just have a tree with litle doves all over it. As most people know, doves symbolize peace and Dean and I felt impressed from the get go to have doves be the Christmas symbol for our marriage.
I was having a hard time deciding where to place our little boy-and-girl-snowman-in-a-stocking ornament. Dean and I bought that on our honeymoon in Leavenworth, WA and had them write our wedding anniv on it so we hold it very sacred.
Here? Right here honey? Alright! I love it!

1 comment:
Your a nut! I did not know that you LOVE puzzles? Who woulda thunk?
Post a Comment