Dean and I decided that we were going to join the throngs of Tryptophan recovering shoppers at the unholy hour of 3:30AM on Black Friday in order to get an extra 48 cents off a 52 inch plasma tv. Well, we weren't really going for the plasma tv, but we were wanting some new pillows for our bed, and possibly some new sheets.
We hit the snooze button on the alarm about 76 times and finally slithered out of bed at 4:15AM. We wanted to get to Kohl's because they had 500 thread count sheets on sale and also these overstuffed pillow for $4 each. Yeah, by the time we got there at 4:30AM the checkout line was wrapped completely around the store and winding through the main aisles. I immediately knew that neither Dean or I were kosher with standing in line for 2 hours just to get 2 pillows and sheets, which they were all out of by the time we got there.
So after moseying around for a little bit and laughing/being annoyed at the pushy grumpy shoppers, we decided to try another couple of stores. We went to Walgreens because I saw this digital keychain that I was dying to get. If I was to get any Christmas present at all, that is what I had wanted. It's an Innovage digital keychain and it holds 60 pictures that you can scroll through or have show at random. I love looking at pictures, and I figured it'd be a good thing to have when I'm bored at seminars or whatnot. Anyways, we went to go buy it at 6AM but apparently the Walgreen's sale didn't begin until 7AM. The keychain was only going to be $10 so we figured we'd come back and get it later on in the day.
So then we headed over to Younker's which is sort of like a Macy's. Just an upscale store. They had lots of good deals going on there and they too had the much coveted keychain but it was going for $20 instead of the regular $50. So we just browsed around there and then decided that we were going to go home and take a nap and then come back out shopping once we woke up.
Big mistake. Seriously, every single thing we had our eyes on that we even remotely wanted was gone by the time we woke up (11AM) and went back out. We went to 4 different Walgreen's looking for the keychain but they had sold out within 2 hours. Younkers was still jam packed and they were out of theirs too. Only the $100 sheet sets were left and there is no way we are paying $100 for sheets while we are students.
We did buy some face lotion that I needed and a couple of buy one get one free makeup things but that was all. Dean was so mad/disappointed that we didn't just stay up and wait until 7AM for the Walgreen's sale because he know how badly I wanted that darn keychain. Oh well, we learned what not to do this year.
It was fun though, and we did have a good time most of the time. I'll bet we even do it again next year.
4:15AM Dean and chelle sleepy faces.
Kohl's in its jam packed glory at 4:30AM
Us about to walk into Kohl's. I love how crazy sleepy Dean's eyes look. And me, well, I just look like a slack jawed nut.


2 comments:
You guys are crazy. I'm not a big fan of getting up early or crowded shopping areas, so to purposely combine the two is beyond my comprehension :)
I am all about online shopping. I have never done the Black Friday thing, and I never will. I will always do the vast majority of my Christmas shopping online. I already hate most people when shopping in stores that aren't busy. I can't imagine what would happen in a Black Friday situation. I might just snap.
Post a Comment