I openly admit that I would rather stick a dull butterknife in my eye than take out all the innards from a turkey and stuff it with stuffing. There is just something so nasty about shoving my hands in a dark slimy dead bird. Maybe I'm afraid that it is going to suddenly jump up and become the Thanksgiving poltergeist and do the can-can all over my perfect greenbean casserole before chasing Dean and I around the house with a butcher knife. So instead, I would rather take my chances with the Thanksgiving Jennie-O turkey loaf I had once as a child. (money was a little tight that year) At least a turkey loaf doesn't have legs to chase you around on.
But as a show of good faith to my sweet Dean, I took my chances with the poltergeist and did the final stuffing of stuffing into the 20 pound bird. Here are pictures to prove it...
Notice the whole block of butcher knives a foot away from my hand at all times in case I had to bring that bird to its' knees if it jumped out of the pan.
Yuck!! And I didn't even have my hand all the way shoved in there.
I'm thinking, "I love my husband, I love my husband, I love my husband..."
I DID IT!

2 comments:
Wow! You are brave! I would not be doing that!
Yes, I did take the leaf picture! I'm glad you like it, and I would LOVE to take pictures of you guys sometime!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photography and I am always looking for people to practice taking pictures of.
Hey, when are we getting together for Settlers? Next weekend? :-P
you're gross. I don't think you will be touching me anytime soon. I hear it takes a few months for the turkey's insides to completely slough off your hands...okay, so I made that up. LOL, your face is hilarious. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment