Monday, December 1, 2008

Wonderful birthday present...

Our neverending search for safe and sturdy nursery furniture (you wouldn't believe how many crush-your-baby-to-death-recall-ridden cribs there are out there) finally came to an end the day before my birthday. I would casually check ebay every now and then to see what cribs and nursery sets were being sold within 200 miles of us and most of the time it seemed like private sellers were charging more than what the stores were selling their cribs for. On the 23rd of Sept, I happened to run across this new listing for a nursery set up in Batavia, IL (45 min south of Chicago) and it was GORGEOUS and in perfect condition. I emailed the seller and asked her what her "buy it now" price was as she didn't have one listed and after emailing back a couple of times and randomly throwing in the mention that the next day was my birthday and it would be the most wonderful present ever (use that excuse whenever you can, my friends), she emailed me on my birthday and decided to sell it to me for a fraction of what she was asking because we clicked and they didn't need the money. I'll just tell you, we got the deal of the millenium on it. Their baby never chewed on it,and there are hardly any dings or scratches on it. This couple takes impeccable care of their possessions. Honig and I drove up to Batavia on Sept 25th to pick it up and they were quite possibly one of the nicest couples we have ever met. They were rich beyond belief and we felt like peasants in their mansion of a home. She gave us tons of free baby stuff she had never used, and she wouldn't accept payment for them no matter what. After loading everything up, Honig and I drove away in silent awe and appreciation and it took us a while to believe that we were as lucky as we were. It just showed us that Heavenly Father will answer our prayers- even if it's about finding nursery furniture.
Drinking my way up to Batavia.

Handsome Daddy-to-be driving to Batavia. And that's all the pictures we snapped of our trip. Oops.


Honig and our friend Jeff setting up Peanut's dresser/changing table/hutch in her room. The hutch has adjustable shelves and you can take it off if you just want it to be a dresser/changing table.



Putting the screws in the back.


Honig putting together her crib.


Look at that hard working Daddy.



But he's being good and reading instructions.



Getting ready to put her mattress in her new bed.


We are all about the pull out drawer underneath the crib. It stores all her blankets now.



Awwww, what a proud Daddy.


And now a proud Mommy and Daddy.


Loves.
We can't wait for her to get here.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Wow, what a find! Those cribs are EXPENSIVE. Happy belated birthday, by the way.

lisapants said...

That's some good lookin' furniture. I'm glad you were able to find it for a good deal!

Ashleigh said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the furniture! You guys scored big time! I'm kind of pissed because my blogger isn't updating me everytime someone has a new post, so I totally missed all of these new ones! Love em!