Friday, December 26, 2008

I'll tell you why my sister is better than your sister...





My sister, Tawny, whom I so lovingly call "Pants" or "Sisterpants" is better than your sister, and I'll tell you why.
~
Pants lives in Southern Utah and last week she called me to ask if we had a Bed Bath and Beyond near us because she had a Christmas present she was going to order for me through them and she wanted to know if Honig could pick it up on Monday or Tuesday and wrap it for me to open on Christmas. I told her sure we do and of course she can send me a present, but only if I'm guaranteed to like it. So on Monday evening she calls me to tell me that my present is at the store and she needs Dean to go pick it up, and she asks where he is. I tell her he's at the clinic at school just finishing up some paperwork for some patients he had just adjusted and it shouldn't be a problem for him to go run by Bed Bath and Beyond on his way home.
~
So I'm just doing my thing on the computer in our basement when Honig calls me and tells me he's home but I'm not allowed to turn around when he comes down into the basement to grab the wrapping paper to wrap my present. Ok, sounds fine to me. I'll do anything for a present. So I hear him come in, walk down the stairs, and say "Hey!" His "hey" sounded a bit high to me but then again, I do have a husband who loves to suck the helium out of balloons just like he had been doing earlier in the day and spout off anything he can think of all while loving hearing the sound of his altered voice. So I thought he was doing the same thing and I just said "Hey Honig" back to him and didn't turn around because he had told me not to and I didn't want to risk seeing my present. So then he said "Hey!" again and I immediately realize that's not his voice, it's Pants' voice!!! I whip my head around to see if it's really her, and she's standing at the bottom of of stairs acting like she does it all the time. I, of course, all but scream and jump up and go and hug her, start crying, hug her some more, and ask her how in the world she got here and what she's doing here?
~
My sister is a genius and had been planning since last week to come out to suprise us for Christmas, and Honig and I had absolutely NO clue. She flew standby into the Moline airport and when she called me to tell my "my present was in and wanted to know where Dean was so he could go pick it up," she was already at the airport and was unable to get a cab to take her to Davenport so she needed him to go pick her up. So even he didn't know she was coming until 20 minutes before he went and got her, which was smart on her part because he is horrible at keeping secrets and he always has little tells that I can see through and I would have found out somehow.
~
Pants stayed with us from Monday night through Christmas Day, but since she was flying standby she had to leave on Christmas Day because that is when it looked like the flight loads were the most promising for her to get on, but at least we got to spend Christmas morning with her.
Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.




See? My sister is better than your sister.
But your sisters are still good.

5 comments:

lisapants said...

What an awesome Christmas surprise! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with your sister.

Kelsey said...

I love that you call your sister pants. What a clever sister you have! If I had a sister, I'd want her to be like pants.

AdamOndi said...

My sisters suck.

rachel b. said...

You're right. She's WAY better than my sister.

Ashleigh said...

Seriously, she's awesome. I wish my sisters would do that