My sweet Honig's dad, Jerry, unexpectedly passed away on Oct 24th in WA, but he wasn't found in his apartment until the 26th. You know how you have some memories throughout your life that you can remember and replay exactly as they happened when you think about them later on? I can still remember exactly how hurt my Honig looked like when he came to get me out of the Young Women's lesson I was teaching to tell me that Chelsey, his sister, had just called and said that their dad was gone. I just held him in the church hallway and my sweet hubby kept crying and saying "He's gone." We flew to WA the next day, the 27th to be with family and help with memorial arrangements. It was a lovely memorial service, and Honig, Chelsey, Uncle Gary, and a bishop spoke and everyone did phenomenal. While my hubby was speaking about his memories of his father and how he admired and missed him, I remember looking up at my husband behind the stand and I had the most overwhelming and all consuming feeling of love and respect come over me, and I had to look away because I started crying and I knew if he saw me crying while looking at him, he would start crying and it would break his stride. I had a myriad of thoughts and emotions sweep over me while watching and listening to my husband speak. I was so grateful to be his wife at that moment (not that I'm not always grateful, it just hit me especially hard at that moment), and I was so grateful that we have created a perfect little baby together that we have the privilege and challenge to raise together. I was so grateful that we have seen eachother at our best and at our worst and that we have no reservations around eachother and have no problem telling the other one what we are honestly thinking about anything, no matter the subject. I was so proud that we have worked so hard at our marriage and always put it as our number one priority. I was so proud that he has worked so hard throughout school because it hasn't been a walk in the park and how he is doing everything he can to provide a secure future for us and our children. He is so smart and I am so thankful that he is using his talents to help others. And most of all, I was so grateful that I knew that I am going to be with him and our children forever. I was so grateful that we were sealed in the temple and that if one of us died right now, we both have the assurance that we are still married in the afterlife and that we would be reunited. That is the absolute best piece of mind that we both have.
Jerry's old roomates.
Our wonderful friend Annalisa and her daughter Donya. Annalisa was a lifesaver with helping get food organized for the memorial. I owe you big time.
Jerry's kids, siblings, nieces, nephews...
Jerry's kids. Liz, Dean, and Chelsey.
Then we all went over to uncle Gary and Aunt Kim's for some taco dinner. Chelsey, chew with your mouth closed!!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you guys were able to come and be with family and friends during this time. Dean, I'm sorry your dad isn't here (on Earth) anymore, but I'm so glad you get to do his temple work next year. Also, it was great to see you guys for our quick lunch and I'm sorry we couldn't do more to help you that week.
YEah for good/bad times. I love that picture of me and Liz laughing at Dean when he fell in the river. That's my fav. so I think Liz and I are going to go visit the river on X-mas, at least we want to if theres not too much snow up there. We will miss you guys there.
I'm glad you got to go back for the memorial, but have to admit, I'm jealous you got to visit North Bend... That's where I was born and raised. Hang in there for the next few weeks of pregnancy. Can't wait to hear how things turn out!
Post a Comment