Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Comments from Dean

Dean here.

I know I know, chelle is the one who usually posts the great blogs, but while I am supposed to be studying for a philosophy test this afternoon(and any Palmer student reading this can understand why I am not), I wanted to check out some of the blogs that chelle reads religiously and loves, and dang, we have got some funny friends and family. So kudos to all of you out there in blogland that made me laugh this morning, with special mention to Jeff, his sleep talking, and geography test.

I also wanted to tell everyone how amazing my chelle is. While looking at our blog I saw that she has done 176 blogs. Now there may be people out there with more, but holy cow, that's awesome to me, especially since most of them are about us. Also, for those of you who may have missed that big baby timer at the top of the page, she's about 8 1/2 months pregnant, and still loving it. Granted one of the only ways she is able to fall asleep at night is if I massage her legs and feet, but since I get to stay up watching King of Queens, Raymond, and especially Conan O'Brian while I'm doing it, it's a win win win situation. I win, she wins, and the television stations win.

And what's more, TV watching is more enjoyable in our house ever since we took advantage of the government again. What's that you say, the little man taking advantage of the government? Well, since we are too cheap to get cable TV(and since we know our weaknesses so we just avoid putting ourselves in the situation) we have been using rabbit ears for the past 3 years, getting channels 4, 6, 8, sometimes 12, 18, and occasionally 24. Even though everyone is going digital we resisted getting a converter box, because most of TV is crap anyhow and we really only like the game shows, The Office, and the afore mentioned shows. However, I really wanted to see what it would be like to have no static on the TV, and so my reasoning has been "honey, after the baby is born you're going to be stuck at home a lot and might go crazy with no Price is Right, etc" to which she responds, "you really just want to get a clear signal don't you?" To which I sheepishly say "yes honey." Point being, after that conversation she let me get a converter, if it cost less than $10.
So, on to hosing the government. We sent off for and got a $40 coupon for a converter box which we took to Sam's Club, and spent roughly $5 for one. I was happy, she was happy, maybe the government wasn't happy. So was it win win lose? Oh well, it's still been nice.
But thus I digress. Maybe I'll get get back to "studying" philosophy, or really studying radiology. Hmm, I wonder which one will really help me in practice. I guess we'll have to see.

3 comments:

the sheldons said...

Wow, what a splendid treat honig! You haven't done a post on here since the one about how you wanted to mummify me! You're pretty sweet and I laughed out loud more than once. Maybe you should make posting more of a habit...

P.S. I love you and Peanut does too. She just punched me in the bladder to tell me. We're going to be new parents here very very soon. How crazy is that!?

lisapants said...

Did you see the Palmer student on Price is Right today?

Devin and Chelsey said...

Oh dean, good for you for actually doing one. I don't think that Devin will ever do one, even though he says he would, I think it's a lie. Maybe he will do a post at the same time our truck gets done. I'm thinking in like 2025? Meh?