Friday, December 19, 2008

Beware: partial nudity...

Beware: Naked belly shot included. Ogle at own risk.
Honig and I take a picture every week of me in the same outfit against a white wall so that we can see how much Peanut has grown over the past couple of months. I'll have to eventually do a posting of a picture from every week we have taken to show her growth progression.
These are our 37 weeks pictures taken last night....


Peanut is getting to be such a chunker. We love her so much.
~
After our over-hyped ice and snow storm that "bore its' wrath" last night and early this morning was done, Honig and I risked playing Davenport Bumper Cars on our way to our 8AM baby appointment to see how Peanut is doing. Her heartbeat is perfect and she is head down in the exact position she should be. When our midwife had me lay back so she could measure my belly she got this confused look on her face and measured again.
~
Midwife- "You're 37 weeks? Umm, you're measuring 41 weeks!?"
~
Me- "Excuse me? Are you telling me I am going to have a 28 pound baby?"
~
Midwife goes to look at the chart again. "You were measuring 37 weeks when you were 36 weeks but then to measure 41 weeks when you're 37 weeks?"
~
So then she feels all around my belly and pokes and prods Peanut everywhere and feels the fluid in by tummy. "Ok, I want to do an Estimate Fetal Weight ultrasound next week to see how big this baby really is. I am guessing you're measuring bigger because you have some extra fluid in your stomach but I just want to make sure." She then feels Peanut's little bum and said that she is guessing by touch that she is already around 9 pounds.
~
UMMM, EXSQUEEZE ME? 9 POUNDS ALREADY? Babies gain half a pound a week for the last month. That would put her around 10 and a half to 11 pounds if she kept gaining like she was supposed to and I carried to her due date.
~
So I sit up and we're chatting asking random questions and concerns, and then she tells me to lay back down again because she wants to measure one more time just to make sure. Yup, Mr. Measuring Tape is still saying 41 weeks. She then feels Peanut some more and changes her mind about her weight. "Ok, her bum isn't as big as I thought." (apparently fetal bum size can be an indication of their weight. Who knew?!) "I'll put her around 8 pounds instead but I definitely want that ultrasound to see how big she really is."
~
So we get to go in next Tuesday for some more precious snapshots of our Peanut and to see if I am going to give birth to Ms. StayPuff or a Ms. Michelin Man. I'm guessing that she'll be somewhere in the 9 pound club when she's born, which I am totally okay with. Not too much longer till we find out... YAY!

7 comments:

Devin and Chelsey said...

Me so excited for baby belly pics, I just love them! thanks for sharing earlier today too. I can't beleive how big that baby and your tummy is. it's crazy to think how much and quick they grow in thoes last few months. WAY COOL. i'll be interested to see how it goes next tuesday, can't wiat for the news!

Marianne said...

That is soo funny! I can't wait to find out what she weighs...I'm guessing that she will be just shy of 10.. how fun! We are soo excited for you. I'll be checking back regularly to see the news! I am also predicting a christmas baby! Am I allowed to predict?

Ashleigh said...

oh my gosh, she's gonna be one of those chunky cute babies!!! Jayden was 8lbs. 11 oz. and I thought it was a breeze, so if she's around 9 lbs. you'll be fine....did I also mention my cha cha was completely numb. I can't wait to see pics of her in a couple weeks!!!

Brittany said...

Love the new pics! I wish I would have taken more pictures of my belly when I was pregnant...I'll do better next time. I bet she'll be just perfect size--big babies sleep better!

Debra said...

Oh you will do just fine! The bigger they are the easier they are to push out. My 10 1/2 lbs baby was easier than my 8 lb baby. No joke. There was more to push!

Plus, the measuring tape is not scientific. If the baby is curled up and sticking her bum out you will measure more. It could have been just the position she was in.

Take it easy and get as much rest as you can. (haha I know). She'll be here so soon!!!

Jon said...

See, that's exactly why we payed our boy off to come early.;) He was measuring big as well starting at 31 weeks... And would have been over 10 if he had gone term.

Merry Christmas!!!

lisapants said...

Psh, 9 lb 10 oz babies are a breeze!! Just pray she doesn't have a humongous noggin.