Wow, I don't think I could be more behind on blogging. I'll do a feeble attempt at playing catch up but I make no promises....
~
So we arrived home from our bus ride from Hades at 4:30PM on Sunday the 8th of March and we were pooped. We took the worlds best nap, and then did as little as possible for the rest of the night. Honig had to go to school the next morning, and I spent all day on the phone with our insurance agent and also trying to find a car for us to buy with no luck. And then around 6 PM I got the worst phone call of my life and the one that we all dread that will come sometime during our lives, my Mom had just been admitted to the hospital and she had a bleed on her brain and it didn't look like there would be a positive outcome. Short story of it is that we thought she'd had an aneurysm but it turned out to be a hemorrhagic CVA, basically an unstoppable and untreatable stroke. That whole night was a barrage of phone calls and endless tears, and some of my wonderful friends came over to offer support and help with Kara while Dean and I tried to get some things done around the house. I slept maybe an hour that night because I was waiting for the phone call from my sister saying that Mom had actually passed away. My Mom actually lived hours and hours longer than what she should have by all medical definition, and I wholeheartedly believe it's because my sister was supposed to be by her side when she passed away, and it took short of a miracle for my sister to make it there from Cedar City, UT but she did get to be there with my Mom for the last 3 hours of her life and had the privilege of holding her hand while she passed away. Maybe aside from losing a spouse or a child, nothing hurts as much as losing your Mom.
~
So we flew out to Salt Lake City the next afternoon to go be with family up in Pocatello, and to help with planning funeral arrangements. It was nice to be around my siblings again and that really made it easier. And Honig was a phenomenal support and pretty much took care of Kara the entire week so that I could do whatever I needed to with going through my Mom's belongings and everything.
~
My Mom's funeral was beautiful and she looked AMAZING! She had this little half smile and she looked so peaceful. At one point I was looking at her in her casket and I just had this vision of her suddenly opening up her eyes and jumping up and saying "JUST KIDDING!" and doing a tap dance in her casket and then jumping out and then we all go down the road to Toelle's and Mom gets a disgusting Ironport and milk and we all get flakey milkshakes. Hey, a girl in mourning can have wishful thinking if she wants!
Crying/reading on the airplane to SLC.

Playing "discreetly change a poopy baby on my lap" game on the airplane.

Sleepy Buns.

At the cemetary after going to the funeral home to pick out Mom's casket. I pushed Jenny and Sisterpants, the 2 that are crouching down, over and down into the snow right after this was taken.

Nakey sleepy time for Miss Buns.

Jenny's and Deone's butts.

Having some fun at Mom's house reminiscing.

Debbie (not our biological sister but basically a sister), Jenny, Pants, Kim, Cory, me, screaming Kara, Honig, and cousin Lisa in the purple.

My brudda Jeff chillin like a villain. And Jenny hoarding all the Whoppers.

I will eat her jowels right off her face.

She is still 90% her Daddy.

Story telling and prop game time. I know, we should be mourning but we needed to have some fun too. It's how we roll.

They were about peeing their pants laughing.

Sweet little Kara Faith.
2 comments:
Chelle my heart aches for you, I can't not comprehend the pain of losing your mom! I am so grateful for the knowledge we have of the gospel, and hope that these is what pulls you through this difficult time.
We love you! I hope you can still feel the love and support of your friends and family, and especially your Heavenly Father, as you continue through this grieving process.
Post a Comment