Sunday, May 17, 2009

and more more more

Now we're at my Mom's viewing and funeral and burial pictures...

My adorable niece and nephew Ana and Mosiah.

Awwwww, I wub them.

My Mom's 6 children: Me, Jenny, Deone, Kim, Jeff, and Tawny (a.k.a. Pants)


#6, #3, and #1

Why do I love Honig's family? I'll tell you why.


They are absolutely AMAZING!!! Honig's 2 sister's, Chelsey (in the Burberry coat) and Kristene (in the purple shirt next to me) and their wonderul spouses Devin (in the light blue shirt) and Lance (in the dark blue shirt) drove all the way from Kent, WA to come to my Mom's funeral to be there as a support for us. They left the day before her funeral in the afternoon and drove partway through the night to made it to Pocatello and then came to the funeral and burial and were absolutely wonderful and so loving. They didn't really know my Mom but I was and still am so touched that they drove for 12 hours each way just to be by our sides as a support and to be a listening ear. I cried several times when I found out they were coming because I was so touched that they would do that for me. They are all amazing people and I feel so lucky to be related to them.

~

We, of course, didn't take any pictures during the funeral but it was amazing. All of the talks were wonderful, and my niece played a gorgeous piano piece that made me bawl because my Mom loved the song she played.

Pallbearers taking Mom to her final resting place. Honig dedicated the grave and did a wonderful job of it. He'd never done that before and he said it was an amazing experience.

All 6 kids again.

All 6 kids plus my Dad.

Dad's side of the family. I hadn't seen some of these relatives in years and years.


Kim, you cheesehead.

Sleeping Kara. Our sweet little baby.

Kara, Honig, me, Kristene, Lance, Chelsey, and Devin.

My grandparents' headstone. Mom is buried about 200 feet away from her parents.

Pants and chelle.

Pants and a sleeping Miss Buns.

Then we had a luncheon the Relief Society provided afterwards. Honig looooooves funeral potatoes.

Kristene loves holding wee ones.

She's so good with babies.

I love the look on Chelsey's face in this picture.

Jenny's gorgeous daughter Fa.

Cumorah was a pool shark.

Tai is so so pretty.
Ana's crazy. And oh so cute.

Naughty little Ana.

Tai finally got a shot at playing Wii with Hans and loved it.

Taking a quiet moment with Kara. She is wearing one of the outfits my Mom gave her before she was born.

I managed to practically kill my Grandma's funeral plant by leaving it in a below freezing car overnight. My Mom had it at her house after my Grandma's funeral and we were going to use it at my Mom's funeral but obviously that didn't happen. This is all that was left after my Aunt had to chop off everything that was dead.

No comments: