Dad. Tom. Grandpa. Three different names out of many for one remarkable man.
Dad Holmes is in the hospital in Phoenix right now because he had a mild heart attack on Saturday. Thank goodness they caught it when they did because the Dr.'s said that it should have been much worse than it was. He will be undergoing either a triple or quadruple bypass on Tuesday so I kindly ask that you remember him in your prayers even if you've never met him. Tom is an amazingly kindhearted man who would give the shirt off his back to anyone in need. He is a pilot for Alaska Airlines, and flying is his life. After doing it for over 30 years he says that he still gets the thrill he did when he was first learning how to fly. We are praying that all will go well with surgery, and that he will able to continue to have the privilege of making a living at flying.
I just got home a half hour ago from taking Dean to the Midway Airport in Chicago so that he can go and help out in any way he can in Phoenix. We realize this is a very stressful time for Dean's sweet mom and for his sisters and brother, and we both felt it would be a good idea for Dean to go and be a support. He will be gone until Monday the 29th, and then he starts school again the next day. I am going to miss him, but I completely support him in flying to be with his family, and I would have gone too if I didn't have school. C'est la vie though. I'll be sure to update on how everything goes over the next couple of days. Again, please keep him in your prayers.


1 comment:
i just heard about him last night. i'm so sorry. we will be praying for him. do you know what hospital he is in? hope all goes well.
Post a Comment