Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Time to play catch up...

Honig, Kara, and I left on our cross country road trip in the afternoon on Feb 20th to head to Utah to see my Mom and sister and then on to WA for interviews for Honig. I have 40,000 pictures I could put on because I am a picture taking Nazi, but I am just selecting a few to picture document our trip.

(I've changed it to where I put the picture description above the picture instead of below it. I think I like it better that way. Just a test run so we'll see.)
~
Our sweet little Kara loving taking a carseat break on Iowa City. We didn't get too far before she decided she was hungry again.
We watched many a Simpsons DVD on our laptop.

So stinking cute!


The very first picture of my sweet Mom holding her lovely granddaughter.


An all too common Kara face.

Kara and Grandma Jackie.

And evil unpatient Aunt Pawny.

Ok, now Aunt Pawny loves Kara again. Kisses for everyone.


Honig pretty much lived on Pants' wireless laptop while we were at my Moms. And he took care of Kara while Pants and Mom and I cleaned. What a good Honig.


Awwww, Gwandma wuvs her baby. She wanted to keep her and she asked me several times if she could and then we could just go on to WA without her and pick her up on our way back through. Hmmm, not such a big fan of that idea, but thanks for the offer Mom.


Cute.

Duckbill face. And my sister is ADDICTED to Diet Coke. She can't kick it. She gets headaches if she tries. But we love her despite her addictions. Diet coke and heroin.


Happy #3 and happy #6.


Mom trying to calm a screaming Kara down while I ignore the screaming and pose for a picture.

The we left Utah on the 24th of Feb and headed on up to Grandview, WA to make a pit stop to see our wonderful friends, Chad and Ashleigh Thorndizzle. I happen to be madly in love with their children, Jayden was my surrogate child when they lived our here. We saw their awesome remodeled house, it's even more amazing in real life. And then we ate pizza and played 2 games of Settlers because we all needed to get our fix because none of our friends will ever play it with us. Sad that it takes up traveling 2,000 miles in order to play a game. Come on Iowa friends.

Jayden kissing Miss Buns.


Awww, my gorgeous Ash.


Ryleigh being a goober.


Jayden at her finest.


Cheese head. She just wanted her picture taken all the time.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Um, I seem to recall playing Settlers with you guys, and I am ready for another round!

Ashleigh said...

AWE! We miss you guys and little baby buns. She's the most adorable wittle fing ever! Yes, I did just talk baby talk, what's it to ya? My children are crazy. I love the one with Jayden making the ugliest face ever. I don't remember her doing that. We love you guys!