Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby blessing time!!!...

Our sweet little Kara Faith was blessed on March 1st and it was AMAZING! I pretty much bawled through the entire blessing, and may I just say that the Priesthood is amazing. There were things that Honig said during the blessing that I didn't understand, but now after everything that happened with my Mom passing away, they completely make sense. We had a ton of family and our close friends there to watch and be a part of the blessing and it was so touching to see everyone sitting in the chapel and it just strenghtened testimony in eternal families.
On the way to the church. She was such a happy girl up until we were about 2 minutes away from the chapel.

I LOVE HER!


Look at that beautiful white dress.



Miss Chunka cheeks being happy that she's about to be getting her baby blessing.


Oh Adam. That Olekin lip fits you well. Kara looks scared.


I completely spaced on getting out our camera after her blessing and taking pictures with family. We took this after everyone had left and it was just Adam and Lisa and Joshua and Anika and Sean and Terryn and us chatting in the foyer for an hour and a half. I'm kicking myself for not getting pictures of family.


Kara's Oma made her blessing dress and it was absolutely gorgeous in every way. When she got it out to show us when she flew up from AZ, my mouth just dropped and I couldn't find any words to express my appreciation and awe because it was 1,000 times better than I had even imagined it. It is the most gorgeous baby blessing dress I have ever seen and I did some shopping around beforehand she offered to make it to see if there was anything I wanted to buy, and this dress she made blew them all out of the water. See? Martha Stewart but better.
Thank you so much Mom. There are no words to express how grateful we are to you for making Kara's dress. GORGEOUS!!


Awwwwwwww! I LOVE THEM!


That picture's going to go in Kara's room.


Kara looks suprised to see me.


Nice face, Miss Buns. Miss Crazy Eyes.


She looks like a mini bride in her dress.


GORGEOUS DRESS!!!! It's so beautiful that I want to wear it. Mom, want to make an adult sized one?...

Glowing Kara and her Daddy.


He is wrapped around her little pint sized finger.


Kara with her Grandpa Holmes. We need a nickanme for him. Hmmm? I'll have to come up with one.

Kara with her grandparents.

Auntie Makenna loving her newest niece.


I could eat her up.

4 comments:

lisapants said...

I'm so glad we could be there for that special, special day! She is such a beautiful baby girl.

Annalisa and Jacob said...

That dress is amazing!! Dean's mom really IS better than Martha Stewart because Martha has lots of people who do everything for her and she takes the credit, but Dean's mom is the real thing! I need to take some sewing lessons from that lady.

Lisa And Randy said...

She looks so gorgeous in her blessing dress. Your mom mentioned that she would have like to have been at the blessing. Hope you had someone write the blessing down, or at least a part of it.

Erica Jessop said...

Hey my name is Erica and I am in your ward, I met your husband the other day and found your blog off of a fellow ward member's blog. You little girl is GORGEOUS! Look forward to getting to know you!