Honig and I decided that by golly, we were going to make it to the Nauvoo Pageant at least once before we move from Iowa, and since we will be living in heavens-knows-where at this time next summer for honig to precept with another doctor, we were going to walk down to Nauvoo if we had to in order to see the pageant. Thankfully we didn't have to walk, but we did have to drive through a wicked thunderstorm to get there yesterday. We prayed on the way down there that the storm would pass quickly because we really didn't want to drive over 2 hours each way to find that it had been rained out, and thankfully, our prayers were answered. Everywhere but Nauvoo had nasty dark rain clouds pouring down on them. It was almost like we were in an anti-raincloud bubble once we got there. I'm sure we were 2 of many many people that were praying for the storm to pass.
The pre-show activities were fun, and we met a ton of people from all over the country. Honig had a chance to show off his log sawing skills for me, and I think he was satiated after that. He even met a lady who was from Germany so he got to Sprechen Sie Deutsch with her which I love to hear him do because he rarely gets to speak it anymore and his face just lights up afterwards.
Anyways, the pageant was really good and we were really amazed at how well choreographed it was. I will admit that I did cry at the very end when they lit up the Nauvoo temple in the background up on the bluff and President Hinkley's voice came on the loudspeakers and it was a recording from a talk he had given about the Nauvoo Temple. I held honig's hand a little tighter and I had this overwhelming feeling of love for him and for Heavenly Father and Jesus wash over me as I gazed up as that beautiful temple. Any LDS temple is such a sacred place, and I feel so honored to have been sealed to my handsome husband and our children for all eternity in the temple. To know that we will be together as a family for time and all eternity and that death is not the end, that is such a comfort and blessing. We were both talking on the drive home about how blessed we are, and how we have every need of ours met. We know that this baby is going to bless our lives in more ways than we can even comprehend, and we take such reassurance in knowing that our baby will be raised knowing about Heavenly Father and Jesus and will have the Gospel his or her life. We truly feel so blessed right now.
2 comments:
That is SOOO awesome! I SO wanted to go but cannot seem to talk my hubs into it!! I'm glad yall had fun!
If you want to talk a whole lot of German and/or French, then visit some of the national parks in Southern Utah. We are at Capitol Reef National Park and I think we have heard 5 or 6 families speaking a different language. The only two I have recognized are German and French, though. The German family is actually staying at our same motel. Apparently, Torrey, Utah is the place to go if you are European.
Post a Comment