*For those of you who have asked and are still wondering what/who "Honig" is, it is my name for Dean. It means "honey" in German and it's what I call him out loud 99% of the time. I only verbally call him his real name when I'm mad or frustrated at him.*
Honig and I went to our OB appt today and saw our favorite midwife and asked her a barrage of questions which she lovingly answered and it turns out I didn't have to get my blood drawn like we thought I would. We were supposed to do an AFP test today but she said my levels might not be completely accurate because I'm just under 16 weeks along so we'll be going back in 2 weeks to have that blood draw to make sure it's uber accurate timing-wise. But the BEST part of the appointment was that we heard our little peanut's heartbeat and it was LOUD and STRONG! We've only heard it once before at 11 weeks and she had to search for a little while to find it that time and it was quick and faint but now she only had to search for 3 or 4 seconds and whoa nelly, I think everyone in the entire hallway and waiting room heard the heartbeat from the get go. Honig was standing there holding my hand and we both were smiling like a bunch of goons listening to our little miracle inside me and loving every second of it. Our midwife said that it sounded strong and healthy and was right on track and that was all we needed to hear.
~
We think we're having a boy. No reason behind it, we both are just thinking boy. We'll find out in a month!
7 comments:
That is so exciting! What a thrill to hear your baby's heartbeat!
Yay for good appointments! It's so nice when the baby decides to be helpful and not make you worry even for a second... :)
Oh that is soo fun! I'm so excited for you guys. what a lucky little baby to be coming out for parents like you@!
I had a feeling we were having a boy before we found out. BUT, you are supposed to have a girl so Joshua and she can fall in love and get married and we can be grandparents together :)
Glad to hear all is going well. Just so you know, you are suppose to have a girl, because Rachael and Saren are tired of everyone in the Millward family having boys! Ok, a boy would be fine.
Yea i'm guessing boy also!!!- mare
Congratulations on a healthy little one. How awesome. Hope everything is going great for you two (and a half). I think you should have a girl. The clothes are sooo cute and fun to pick out.
Post a Comment