Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My little vertebrae...


Dean gets to wear this nifty little outfit again this Saturday in a race called the Bix. I think he is supposed to be L5, but I'm not sure. Ahhhh, the things we do for chiropractic. Wouldn't change it for the world though.



And I just thought he looked cute in this one.
~
Our little peanut still isn't showing yet but my pants are definitely starting to get tighter. I'm ok with not showing yet because that means less time of being uncomfortable with a huge belly and a baby kicking my lungs and liver. It's crazy to think that we're at 16 weeks already and then another month and we'll be half way done. We go back to the OB's next week to do my AFP test which I am not looking forward to because they can never ever find my veins and last time I thought the phlebotomist was trying to stick the needle through my metacarpals, and I about threw up all over her. On the other hand, I am feeling so so so much better now and I am starting to get that elusive burst of energy that everyone talks about. We feel so blessed right now and can't wait to see what the next couple of months bring.

6 comments:

Debra said...

I am so happy you are feeling better! I loved the second trimester of pregnancy. I began to feel normal again. Except for having to go to the bathroom all the time. The best part for me was that food finally tasted good again!

Kelsey said...

Ok, when I saw the title of your blog in my google reader, I was expecting to see maybe a sonogram of a little baby vertebrae. Needless to say, I laughed out loud when I saw Dean dressed up as a vertebra all alone on what appears to be a football field. Hilarious.

Also, I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better. I agree with Debra, second trimester is the best.

One more thing- for some reason I thought you and Dean were going to the Holmes reunion. I must tell you, I was really let down when I saw the list of attendees and your name was missing. Maybe we'll meet someday...

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i'm so sorry to inform you that we won't be going to the family reunion but i really wish we were. when it comes right down to it, we really don't have the money, robby can't take the time off, and we do have to go to mary's wedding in a month so it would be too much for us. i'm so sad about it. but i'm sure we will meet eventually.

Debra said...

Yeah, Olivia is a silly girl! She is ALWAYS so shy! SO SHY! I have never had one so shy. And she has the best smile.

And I am sending this to everyone hoping to get some people to volunteer!:
Hi friends... I am emailing this and posting it to my blog because it is easier than asking everyone one at a time.

Michael and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary in May. We REALLY need a weekend away. We have asked some of our family to come up and watch the kids, but they are not in the best of health. The only time we have been away from our kids EVER was once right b4 I got prego with the twins (2005!) and Michael worked the entire trip.

As most of you know, we are broke, so our "away" will be a camping trip to Nauvoo for a weekend (WOOHOO $10 a night camping!!). We were hoping to leave Friday night around 4pm and get back Sunday in time for Church at 1. I know it would be hard for someone to take all my kids, so I was hoping to split them up. Any way would work for me. I would like to keep the twins together and one other child with them so they do not get scared. Unfortunately I cannot pay you, but I wish I could. I WILL either send food or give you money for their food. And I have no problem if someone wants to watch the twins at my house since this place is mostly twin proof. Or you can keep them at your house all day and just come back here to sleep for the night. Whatever works. If you do stay here with the twins, I will have ALL the meals ready for you to just heat up.

I do not have a weekend scheduled as we are open all weekends. I would like to go (IF POSSIBLE) before August 8th so we can see the Nauvoo Pageant.

Please email me at zookeeper2five@gmail.com if you are at all willing to give some MUCH needed breaks to us!!!!

Thanks!
Deb

Ashleigh said...

hey Chelle, I promise I'm haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I will have to give you a call today or tomorrow to let you know what's been going on. It's just been a bit chaotic and busy, but I'll call you whenever I have a spare moment to relax! ;-) We're sad you won't be able to come out, but we understand all the car trouble. We'll talk about it later!

Amy said...

It's funny because Dean looks so serious in his little vertebrae outfit. :-)