Monday, April 21, 2008

Scabby face chelle...

Reason #1 to not dance while curling your hair...

I was getting ready for graduation on Friday, and instead of pulling my hair back into a messy ponytail like I do for the other 364 days of the year, I decided to actually curl it and try to look like a girl. So I crank up some music in the other room and start rocking out and dancing in the bathroom while curling my lovely brown locks. I was just about finished when I got careless and whipped my head to the side while shaking my money maker, and I sauteed my cheek with the end of the curling iron. It didn't hurt very badly, which I should probably be concerned about, but the patch of skin where I sizzled my face gradually got darker and darker over a couple of hours until it looked like I had smeared eye liner on it. It barely rubbed it to make sure it wasn't eyeliner on it and then the whole top layer of skin rips off. Cute, huh? So now I am stuck walking around with a big old scab on my face. I don't really mind it, I just want to make sure it isn't going to scar, which it shouldn't since it's only a 2nd degree burn.

~

So what is the lesson here people?

~

Wear your hair back in a ponytail ALL 365 days of the year.

4 comments:

Nate and Marcie said...

Right before Ramie's wedding I was curling my bangs and my 2 year old came up behind me and bumped me, I totally burned my forehead with the curling iron! So, don't worry there is at least one other dork out here walking around with a scab on their face from the curling iron! :)

Kelsey said...

I like your advice, and I think I'll continue following it.

Brittany said...

Amen to the pony tail conclusion!!

Ashleigh said...

Oh, Chelle, you're a masochist. I'll bet you did it on purpose and got a shot of giddy adrenaline as your flesh was melting away. Okay, not sure where that came from. Just know that it won't scar, you'll be fine. I totally burned a big ol' chunk of skin on my forehead the day before I went to EFY. I was embarrassed and was known as the bandaid girl, but I still got some sweet action, so who cares? Anyway, I am not a deformed scar head, so I'm sure your porcelain skin will be back to normal in no time. I will ahve to find a picture from EFY and send it to you. Oh, and I need to call you! I've been meaning to for over a week!!!