Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I already miss it...

It's bittersweet. I just finished up massage therapy school last Thurday, and while everyone was all but doing back handsprings as the final seconds of class were winding down, I am over in the corner moping and sulking because I didn't want it to end. I loved going there everyday and loved being challenged to learn new subjects and techniques. I loved my classmates and teachers and, of course, most of my clients. At the end of the day we had some fun taking pictures, and then we left and all went home. I came home to an empty house since Dean was still at school and then I got really really sad. I was so sad to be ending a chapter of my life, and I needed my husband right then. So I went to Palmer, picked him up, we had to run back to my school to drop something off, and then he and I went to Texas Roadhouse for a just he-and-I celebratory last day of school dinner. Well, I was so sad that I started crying in the middle of dinner 2 seconds after they brought us our food, and of course I don't want to have a million people watch me cry so we quickly ask for a box for our food because I suddenly had no appetite, and then we drove home and I cried the entire way. I was so happy and proud of myself that I was done and passed and did pretty well in school, but I was still so sad because I loved going to school everyday. So now it's time to focus on studying for boards in May and finding a job. It sure has been a good road.

I didn't take very many pictures at school because I kept forgetting to, but I managed to snap a couple. So, voila!....



Jerrie and I acting like angels. Because we are angels.

WE'RE FILLING OUT BOARDS APPLICATIONS!!! You don't understand, this was a REALLY big deal for us. We talked about this day since the first day of class.

Jerrie, Karie, me, and Mrs. B just doinkin around.

Nervous finger bite.


Jerrie LOVED to position the skeleton in different positions. She lived for that.



'boutsa be getting some action.

Practicing Shiatsu massage on Jer.


All 3 of us had a good time.


I don't even know. Don't ask.


Awww, Jerrie and Karie showing some love.

It's been proven that if you smile and sing a cheery tune while doing CPR that the patient is more likely to survive.


Wow, my eyes look like they are going to burst out of my head.


DON'T YOU DIE ON ME NOW!!!




Jer giving some mannequin lovin.

And of course, who can forget Dr. Brooke's monkey face. Awesome.

1 comment:

lisapants said...

YAY!!! You're done with school! I am so glad you were able to do this and love it. You are going to be a great massage therapist. Your future employer will be LUCKY to have you! Speaking of massages, I really need one right now. Why do you have to be 2,000 miles away?! Maybe I'll go find Carol, although she's probably pretty pregnant right about now.