I officially graduated from massage therapy school this last Friday and I just wanted to share a couple of pictures from the school and ceremony with ya'll...

Since I was late to school almost every single day (I like to sleep in until the very last possible second, so what!?), why would it be any different on graduation day? I was supposed to be there by 2:45 but guess who didn't even leave her house until 2:41? It's all because I roasted my face with a
curling iron and I couldn't find my lip gloss anywhere to save my life. Come to think of it, I still haven't found it. Anyways, I left at 2:41, called Jerrie to let her know I just left and to have her tell the teachers I'd get there as soon as I could. I had to race over to Palmer to pick up honig, and then we got stuck at pretty much every red light between Palmer and Capri. So what should have been a 7 minute drive was a 15 minute drive. And Jerrie thought it would be hilarious to text me that they started the graduation ceremony without me. You're a riot Jer. It's okay though, I would have done the same thing to you. I still love ya.

There's me all camoflauged in black, Mike's dome (Jerrie's hubby), and Jerrie in the blue. We're doing the, "OH MY GOODNESS! WE'RE ABOUT TO GRADUATE? CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?" chitty chat with eachother. The ceremony started. The teachers give their talks. They ask any of the students if they want to say anything so naturally I volunteer Jerrie to speak. She begrudgingly gets up and says thank you and praises the teachers and all of the students. It was a good speech. Then I figure, "What the hey!? I'll get up." I was going to present each of my classmates with certificates that were more on the humorous side of jokes that happened while we were in school, but my printer decided that it wanted to run out of black ink so I just gave the awards verbally and gave a little bit of a story behind each of them. It was actually pretty fun to do. Then Karie gets up after I do, and immediately starts crying while giving her speech and my classmates start tearing up too but I'm pretty sure I somehow burned my tear ducts with my curling iron too because I just couldn't cry. I wanted to but the tears just wouldn't come. I think I was just too pumped up for the day. Then they present us with our diplomas. And then came the part that Jerrie and I were dying for...

The best grades award. Jerrie and I had any and everything would could have crossed because we both wanted that award more than we wanted our diploma. Jer and I are kind of competitive with eachother in the friendly way, and when it came down to it, she beat me by less than 1 point all because I slacked on studying for 2 A&P tests, and of course now I'm kicking myself for not putting in just another hour or two of studying and I would have been singing a different tune. But I am so proud of her. She has worked so hard throughout the entire program.

Oh wait. I look a little excited there, huh? That's because the teachers decided to give me a best grades award since Jer and I were so stinking close. She still beat me by a smidge but they decided to give out 2 best grades awards for the first time ever. So now we're both officially smart. And we both need that in our back pocket.

Honig and I after the graduation ceremony.

Isn't my wonderful friend
Robyn the cutest girl you have ever seen? She needs to model. I will be her agent and take 60% of everything she gets.

Me, Jer, Sasha, Heather, in front are Amy and Karie. We were all looking at different cameras because so many family members were taking pictures of us.

In our classroom before we had some cake.

Jer is suggesting to me that I bust out my transcript and we compare grades in each class. Game on sistah.

Who knows what we are laughing at. We know we're funny and that's all that matters.

Just because I wanted to put that picture in. No story behind it. Sorry.

Awww, Kare Bear and Jer Jer. I wish I had a name that rhymes.

What we normally look like. No posing what so ever.

Dr. Brooke, Jer, Mrs. VenHorst, me, Mrs. B

The Smarty Party.

Dr. Monkey Face and Mrs. Pseudo-Emaciated Face and Mrs. B (she refuses to make funny faces)

Austin Powers.
And the best picture of all. Honig was my biggest supporter and fan through all of my schooling, and he was the biggest help in answering any questions I had in A&P since he's already taken more A&P at Palmer than I will ever take. He is everything I never knew I needed. Words can't express how much I love him, and how lucky I feel each and every day. He is my life.
4 comments:
Congrats!
CONGRATS!!!!! Very cute pictures btw.
Yay hooray! Congratulations on being an official graduate!
your pics are so cute!
Post a Comment