Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentiney-Hiney.....



1. What is his name? Dean (only when I'm mad) but the rest of the time he's honig (that's German for honey), baby, honey bee, schweetie, hubby, husband... and the list goes on.

2. How long have you been together? June 2, 2004 was our first date sooooooooo, hold on....... need to calculate it....nevermind, you can figure it out for yourself if you really care enough. But we've been married since Oct. 8, 2005.

3. Who eats more? Depends on what we're having. Anything pasta or meat, him all the way. He hates to let food go to waste. Anything chips or artichokes, totally me.

4. Who said I Love You first? He did up at the Lake Tapps house while we were swimming with friends. But for a little while before that he said he "REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY liked me." He wanted to say I love you but I thought it was too soon so he was only allowed to say he REALLY liked me.

5. Who is taller? Honig, by an inch. He hates when I wear heels or boots because it makes me a little bit taller and nothing drives him crazier then to have me looking down on him. It's a man complex.

6. Who sings better? Honig. He loves to try to sing each of the 4 parts of the hymns in church and then I unconsciously try to follow him and I sound like a squaking goose. Plus I'm still a little traumatized from when I sang a song for my mom as part of a project at church and she wouldn't sign me off on it and told me I needed to practice my singing. You'd better believe I didn't utter another note for 5 years after that. But Dean has a great voice. I love to listen to him sing. Sometimes we'll crank the music in the car and both sing/scream it at the top of our lungs and laugh our heads off.

7. Who is smarter? He is. That boy amazes me. He is just a sponge and soaks everything up and makes school seem so simple. He's the type who doesn't have to study tons and still does just fine.

8. Who does the laundry? Ehhhhhhh, it's a tie. The real question is who puts the laundry away? Wait, the answer to that would have to be nobody. On the rare occasion that everything does make it into our closet hanging up, I put clothes on the hangers and Dean puts them on the rack. But most of the time our clean clothes get thrown on our bed with the intention to hang them up before we go to bed, then bedtime comes around and we're too tired so they get thrown on the floor where we just grab what we need when we need it. I know, we're terrible.
9. Who does the dishes? Honestly, Dean does most of the time because I clean most of the rest of the house. I despise washing dishes because it feels like it takes eternity to do them, and it kills my back to stand there hunched over for 20 minutes since we aren't lucky enough to have a dishwasher.

10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Depends on the night. We don't have a side of the bed that we have to sleep on every night. It's just walk in the room, and whatever side of the bed we're closest to, that's where we're sleeping that night. Beds are not a democracy, people.

11. Who pays the bills? Iowa Student Loans. And we thank them for letting us eventually pay them back 3 times over. Makes it all worth it.

12. Who mows the lawn? Our schizo landlord who loves to mow at all hours of the night and also plow snow at 2 in the morning. (I'm not kidding) I want to send her a letter-bomb.

13. Who cooks dinner? McDonald's. Taco Bell. Biaggi's. We just hand them our debit card and they do all the cooking. And occasionally we do. But only once every 6 months. We pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave and pour some A-1 on it and VIOLA! dinner is served.

14. Who drives when you are together? He does if we're leaving somewhere together. I do when I'm dropping him off at school or picking him up.

15. Who is more stubborn? Me. Hands down. I still won't admit that a ewe is a mama sheep. It is and always will be a baby sheep. I will never relent on that one and don't try to convince me otherwise. Many a person has tried and they have all failed.

16. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Usually he is but I am getting better at it.

17. Whose parents do you see the most? None. Nobody will ever come and visit us.

18. Who kissed whom first? He kissed me on the couch in his basement at the Federal Way house. We did A LOT of kissing on that couch. Ahhhhhh, memories.

19. Who proposed? Honig. In the laundry room at my mom's old apartment. I knew him too well and if he planned some big thing with roses and dinner, I would have known it was coming. But I never ever would have seen the laundry room coming. It was awesome and I still think it is the sweetest thing.

20. Who is more sensitive? Me. I'm a girl. Girls=Sensitive.

21. Who has more friends? I'd say we have equal amounts of friends.

22. Who has more siblings? We're tied. Both from a family of 6.

23. Who wears the pants in the family? When Dean isn't wearing one of my dresses, he does. What the crap kind of question is this?!?! We both wear the pants. Anyone who knows me know that I DESPISE wearing dresses or skirts. We're both pajama pants and sweatpants kind of people. And we're both equal in the marriage so we both bought a huge huge huge pair of pants and each stand in one leg of them and hop around our house. There, now you all know.

6 comments:

lisapants said...

Wait, wait, wait... I remember sitting in Anika's living room while you told us Dean kissed you on the forehead while you were falling asleep at the beach during your first date. I think THAT should count as the first kiss.

Unknown said...

oh what a wonderful wife I have, I love you baby, you're awesome.

Nate and Marcie said...

You guys are so cute, and it's fun to hear the story of how you 2 came to be.

Devin and Chelsey said...

I love reading these, you give me so many thoughts that I turn into my own babble. LOVE IT!!!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! So #8...the laundry question, that's TOTALLY me & Brett!!!!! High five for that. :-)

Adolescent Family said...

having raised sheep, a EWE is a mama sheep!

You wear the pant Michelle, you know you do :)

The laundry thing...yeah, thats us too!