For Valentine's Day, Dean and I went across the river to the cheapie $4 theater (which happens to be the only theater in the whole area that does refillable popcorn so it's a must because I love movie popcorn so much that I could just hook up an IV of popcorn if the kernels would make it through the tubing) to go see P.S. I Love You, and I am so so so glad we did. Dean had been wanting to take me to it for a while now but the timing hadn't worked out or we were just too tired. He doesn't mind going to chick flicks with me because he's cool like that; I support him in what he likes and he supports me in what I like. Anyways, if you haven't seen this movie, seriously, you need to see it on the big screen before it goes to video because it won't have the same effect on the small screen. General gist of it is that Hilary Swank's husband dies and he leaves her letters that help her to move on with her life. It was so touching/heart-breaking/feel good that I cried 5 different times during it. And I'm not just talking the sniffles, I'm talking full out tears streaming down my face and I can't make 'em stop. It's the kind of movie that you are smiling at the screen while you're crying, and it just makes you appreciate your spouse so much more. I held Dean's hand a little harder and looked in his eyes a little longer after seeing that wonderful movie. It has definitely made it into my all time favorites list. So get out there and go see it people.Saturday, February 16, 2008
Go see this right this very second...
For Valentine's Day, Dean and I went across the river to the cheapie $4 theater (which happens to be the only theater in the whole area that does refillable popcorn so it's a must because I love movie popcorn so much that I could just hook up an IV of popcorn if the kernels would make it through the tubing) to go see P.S. I Love You, and I am so so so glad we did. Dean had been wanting to take me to it for a while now but the timing hadn't worked out or we were just too tired. He doesn't mind going to chick flicks with me because he's cool like that; I support him in what he likes and he supports me in what I like. Anyways, if you haven't seen this movie, seriously, you need to see it on the big screen before it goes to video because it won't have the same effect on the small screen. General gist of it is that Hilary Swank's husband dies and he leaves her letters that help her to move on with her life. It was so touching/heart-breaking/feel good that I cried 5 different times during it. And I'm not just talking the sniffles, I'm talking full out tears streaming down my face and I can't make 'em stop. It's the kind of movie that you are smiling at the screen while you're crying, and it just makes you appreciate your spouse so much more. I held Dean's hand a little harder and looked in his eyes a little longer after seeing that wonderful movie. It has definitely made it into my all time favorites list. So get out there and go see it people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lisa kind of wanted to see that movie. Now, however, we know that neither of us will like this movie. We have seen that we have diametrically opposed preferences in movies. I mean, anyone that can hate Stardust as much as you did when we liked it so much has essentially the opposite taste in any movie possible. Thanks for the heads-up. :-)
Pshaw. Yes, I know we have incredibly different taste is movies (I have the good taste) but anyone with any semblance of a soul will like this movie. So let us see if you guys are soulless (that word looks funny, probably because it's not even one). Miss and love you guys!!!!
I saw it and loved it! I too cried the entire movie. When we came out (I was with a couple girl friends) we all had red, tired eyes. It was a good one, though!
Soulless is indeed a word, and spelled correctly. Good jorb. But yeah, I don't like movies that are specifically designed to make you cry. Meh. Go and see "Waitress" instead. Or rent it, I guess, since it is out on DVD.
I am for sure going to make Brent take me to that. Thanks for the review. I can always use a good cry in a chick flick.
Post a Comment