
Wow, of course it would be one of the pictures I would normally never post because of how unflattering it is but I will not bend the rules and post one where I have photoshopped myself to look like Heidi Klum. I'll save that for another post.
This picture was taken up on the shores of the Wisconsin River in July when Honig and I went canoeing with our friends Brett and Amy. Notice the OFF! candle I'm holding because it was a mosquito infested campsite and I was getting eaten alive so naturally I stole the candle and left my comrades to be carried away by the swarms of blood suckers. I believe I was 14 weeks pregnant at that time and I was still feeling blah and I didn't want to give my baby West Nile. And then not to mention that it was so hot that we felt like we were on the surface of the sun... Anyhow, that is the history behind said picture.
Maybe I will go and Heidi Klum my picture now just for funsies...
I tag each and everyone that reads this post. Sorry guys, you are bound by the blogger code to answer the tag. I'll be looking forward to reading your posts...
4 things I like about my husband:
-He can recite the Boy Scout Law so quickly that it's almost unintelligible. My man's got mad talkin' skills. Go on, try it. He'll smoke you any day of the week.
-He speaks fluent German. That way if another Hitler takes over, we'll be good to go and you can pay Dean $100 per hour to translate while you plead your case to the Germans of why they shouldn't take all your diamonds and priceless paintings.
-He still gets startled when I jump out at him from the closed closet door at the bottom of our stairs in the dark or around the corner in the kitchen. It's hilarious.
-He does not swear. Ever. He's supposedly only said 2 swear words his entire life, which I did not get the opportunity to hear. I think I would just stand there in shock if I ever heard a naughty word pass through those lips of his. And then I would probably swear out loud from disbelief.
4 movies I can watch more than once (and have watched a million times):
-The Prestige. LOVE IT! A sheer work of art.
-Newsies. Come on, you know you all have it memorized too. But can you do the Western lasso dance that Christian Bale does?
- Dumb and Dumber. Hands down, the funniest movie of all time. Enough said and don't dispute it because you won't convince me otherwise.
-A Christmas Story. A holiday must-have. Oooh fuuuuuuuuuuudge. Only I didn't say "fudge." I said THE word, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word.
4 TV shows I watch:
-The Office.
-The news. I love the news but hate the weather updates they do 89 times throughout a 30 minute newscast.
-Everybody Loves Raymond if we're up late enough. I think it's on around 11PM.
-The King of Queens. That Leah Reimini has got some good sass.
4 places I've been today:
HA! It's noon and I still haven't left the house because Honig has the car but here's where I've been in my house...
-The potty 624 times because I apparently have the worlds smallest bladder and Peanut stomping on it doesn't help. She's going to be a tap dancer, I can just tell.
-The kitchen for some CoCo Puffs deliciousness and for an apple and H2O.
-Our front room so I could watch 5 minutes of The Price is Right and then get annoyed and turn it off because I can't stand Drew Carey as the new Bob Barker and it seems like the contestants are either a thousand years old and bid $19,532 for a stainless steel pan set on contestants row or they are 19 year old frat boys who I am expecting to drop their pants once they get up on stage and show the nation that they've written "Phi Delta Kappa RULZ!" on their bum cheeks.
-Our basement so I can do my ritualistic morning check of email, cnn.com, our bank account balance, blogs, etc.
4 people who email me regularly:
-Jerrie, who is all about the hilarious forwards.
-Tiff, who is also all about the hilarious forwards
-Farecompare.com 29 times per day with airfare updates. I know it's not a person I personally know, but someone on the other end has to click send to get me those emails to I'm paying homage the him/her.
-That's all I can think of. Everyone else is very sporadic. I'm self-admittedly the world's worst email responder so I think people don't email me very often because they know they'll be lucky if they get a reply within 6 months.
4 favorite foods:
Since I'm pregnant, this category has changed quite a bit so I'll just stick with what I know I loved before I was pregnant because it varies everyday now.
-Cereal. Oh how I do love me some cereal. I could eat it for at least 2 of my meals everyday. This has been a pre-pregnancy love and a current pregnancy love. Besides fresh fruit, this is our biggest monthly grocery expense.
-Artichokes. Boil or steam them. Melt some butter and put some lemon juice in it. Then eat in artichokey Eutopia.
-Nachos from Azteca in Federal Way, WA. I've never had any that even hold a candle to those bad boys.
-Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn. Of course they don't sell this within a 2 hour radius of our house (believe me, I've looked), but if you send me some, I will pay you back 8 times what you paid for the bag'o'goodness plus shipping. It's so good that I would liquify it and inject it into my veins if I could.
4 places I would like to visit:
-Heaven. With my husband and our posterity. Hopefully they'll let me in and I won't have to just visit. I'd prefer to set up a permanent residence there if possible.
-Switzerland with Honig. It'll give him a chance to 'wowzah' me with his German speaking skills and we'll eat some delish fondue and weinerschnitzel together.
-All the temples of the world. I know that one is a bit fat fetched, but I have always wanted to do that one.
-Alaska on a cruise. I am jealous of any and everyone who has ever been on an Alaskan cruise. I love cold weather and snow and cruising, so all of those together equal one perfect Alaskan cruise. But don't try to serve me the creme brulee on this cruise because I will make you take it back to the kitchen and bring me a chocolate and vanilla swirl ice cream in a cake cone just like I did on my cruise to Cozumel. None of that fancy schmancy dessert stuff for me, thank you very much.
4 things I am looking forward to this coming year:
-HAVING A BABY GIRL IN JANUARY!! Seriously, Honig and I live and breathe for our baby right now and we can't wait to meet her and smother her with our love and affection. We feel SO BLESSED to be adding her to our family in a couple of months. I could go on and on about her and how much we love her...
-Honig being in his last year of chiropractic school. It's going to be very bittersweet for us to move and leave Davenport because this is where we started out as a family. We moved here 6 days after we got married and this is where we learned to work together and function as husband and wife and this is where we are going to have our first baby, so naturally, Davenport has a very very special place in our hearts. But we're also looking forward/scared to being moving out into the big ol wide world and putting into practice everything Honig has learned and studied for. It'll all work out though, we know it will because it always does.
-Being able to sleep on my stomach again. As much as I love being pregnant, and I'm not even to the "I'm so uncomfortable and want this baby out of me" stage, I miss being able to sleep on my stomach. I always sleep on my stomach with one arm under my pillow and the other one tucked under the bony part of my hip and then I bend out one of my legs so I look like a stork and all of that equals a glorious nights' sleep. This whole sleeping on my side bit isn't working out so well for me because even now I catch myself partially rolling onto my stomach and smooshing one side of our little Peanut and I wake up at least 10 times per night to roll over from side to side. So if I'm grumpy or punchy you can just attiribute it to lack of sleep.
-Eating cold meat sandwiches. You never realize how much you like them until you can't have them. Stupid listeria bacteria. And I'm too impatient to go and nuke the meat myself and then wait the million hours it takes for it to cool down and then make me a sandwich.
Ok, that's about all I have to say about all of that. It's now time for another trip to the potty. I want to see postings people. All of you.
4 comments:
I don't care what you say, I think that picture is cute. Any time I see you smiling just makes my heart melt, which is most of the time.
Ah, what a nice husband. :)
I was just going to say enjoyed your tags, and good luck on ever sleeping on your stomach again. :) I used to sleep on my tummy/propped slightly on my side, and now the only way I can really sleep is the way pregnancy trained me to - 4 pillows and all... Worth it, right, though?
I love your picture. Artichokes are the best and the girls and I have them every time Randy is out of town. We had a water bed when I was pregnant with Rachael, so I was able to sleep on my stomach. Missed it bunches when I was pregnant with Saren. BTW: Some of our ancestors came from Switzerland.
I agree whole heartedly with your movie pics! Aaron is obsessed with the Prestige. On the cover it says that it is a movie you will want to watch again the second it is over and that was SO true for us!
Post a Comment