Friday, October 17, 2008

RFAM...

No, it's not RFAM=Our Fam.
It's RFAM=Random Facts About Me. Think narcissism, people.
Tell 10 random facts about yourself. And you can't make them lame like "I like pizza" or "I think Communism is wrong." REAL facts that very few people know about you. Plus we all know that communism is right...

My turn to divulge...
1. I NEVER take the item in the front of the shelf at the grocery store. Whether it is cereal (mmmm...) or soup, that box or can in the front has most likely been touched by 48 different bacteria-ridden hands and possibly dropped or been sneezed on or a baby chewed on it for a while before their mom decided they didn't need that item and put it back for someone else to buy. I push boxes or cans aside and grab the item I want from the back. Plus, they always put the items that are nearest to their expiration date at the front to get people to buy them and then the newer items at the back of the pack.

2. I color code my clothes from lightest on the left to darkest on the right in our closet. And no, I don't have OCD. Honig and I hang up all of our clothes except for our undies and socks because we don't have a dresser (undies and sock are in a box in our closet). We hardly ever have to iron our clothes since they're already hanging up and since they are color coded, we never have to sort through them to find the shirt or pants we are looking for. It just makes life more simple.

3. I do not like to use a drinking glass more than once without it being washed. There's just something nasty about seeing lip marks on the edge of the glass and then using it again. Sick.

4. The fastest I have ever driven behind the wheel was 112 mph in my Mom's Nissan Sentra. And of course I was ever so smart and did it in the dark and in the pouring rain on a winding part of Highway 167 in Kent, WA.

5. If I don't like something that is being served at someone's house for dinner, I will take a portion of it or sometimes all of it and then slide it onto Honig's plate when no one is looking, and he is always the gentleman and will eat it no matter what. I thought he was going to kill me when I slid an entire blood-pressure-spiking, salty, disgusting fish with scales and eyeballs still on it onto his plate. He still ate it. Oh how I love that man.

6. I won't watch scary movies anymore. I Am Legend messed with my mind for way too long. Stupid Nightseekers.

7. I sometimes wish I were a cop so that I could ticket all the stupid drivers in Davenport. And there is no shortage of them, trust me. Oh, and I wish I had a ghetto beater car so that I could hit other cars that tick me off without being worried about damage to my car. Who cares about their car. They shouldn't have been dumb in the first place. Wow, I sound like an aggressive person. I'm really not, just in some aspects.

8. I was put in a "special class" in first grade for part of the day. You know, the kind that had the kids with learning disabilities. It turns out that I was just suuuuuuuper shy and my eyes were so bad that I couldn't see anything on the board (we didn't know I needed glasses yet but my vision was horrible) and I was too shy to ask to be moved to the front so I copied down everything that was on my neighbors paper and the teacher took that as me having a learning disability. I proved her wrong on that one, sucka'.

9. I have a beaded heart keychain that Honig bought for me in Washington D.C. when we went there on vacation while first dating that I value only 2nd to my wedding ring. I would cry for 365 days straight if I lost my wedding ring, but I would cry for 360 days straight if I lost this keychain. I don't know how to put into words my strange connection to this particular keychain, but I loooooooove it. I'll just be corny and say it's a symbol of our entire relationship from the get-go.

10. Sometimes my spine hurts when I swallow food. I tried to tell my Dr. years ago that my esophagus was wrapped around my spine and was contsricting it when it was working the food down to my stomach, and he just laughed at me. It still does it every once in a while, but not nearly as often. I have a spineophagus.

11. I was jumping on the trampoline with my brother when I was younger and we used to have competitions to see who could do the slowest slow motion flip. Well, I beat him because I went so slow that I landed smack on the top of my head and cracked my neck really badly. I couldn't hear or see anything for a little bit and I thought I had died. I remember seeing black everywhere and thinking that I had died and gone to Hell and I did some quick self introspection about why I hadn't been granted passage into Heaven at the ripe old age of 14. So naturally, as soon as my sight and hearing came back a minute later, I went and punched my brother and told him it was his fault I almost died and went to Hell.

Your turn.

8 comments:

Ashleigh said...

OH MY GOSH, I am laughing so hard! My eyes are tearing up and my neck hurts because I keep throwing back my head as I laugh and it doesn't feel very good. Oh Chelle, you've led an entertaining life. OH, and yes, I will post..eventually

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Oh man, I needed a good giggle! The great thing is that I can totally picture you telling these stories but it makes me miss you so much! I know you guys love it up here and we SOOOO miss you guys, so let's just put us both out of our misery and you guys just move back here. o.K?

lisapants said...

Um, that was 11 facts :)

Very interesting, though. Nice to see you back in the blogosphere. I've been guilty lately of infrequent posting myself. I need to get some pictures off my camera and then I can post some things, mostly about Joshua.

AdamOndi said...

That title looked like RTFM the first time I saw it. It took a little bit of a double-take to see it correctly. I was wondering why you would want people to read the frakking manual.

lisapants said...

I have to leave a comment to see if my picture changes like I told it to. This is a test, this is only a test :)

Unknown said...

oh honey, I will always protect you from the night seekers, that's why I need more guns and ammo.

rachel b. said...

All my dreams have just come true--the Sheldons have a blog! Yay! (PS, this is your favorite patient, in case you were curious.)

Devin and Chelsey said...

Wait a second..... You have time to change your entire background and everything but not time enough to actually blog?