Monday, August 4, 2008

We have a kicker!!...

Peanut decided to let his/her mama know that he/she is bouncing off the walls in my belly. 3 days ago I felt the first little kicks, and it was an absolutely amazing and undescribable feeling. It was so quick and foreign that I wasn't positive it was kicking when I felt it the first time, but when it kicked again 1 minute later there was no denying it. And then yesterday morning, Dean and I were watching a church video, and I was laying down on the couch with my feet up on Dean's lap, and I felt some more flutters so I put my hand on my belly just below my navel and pushed in a little ways and our little peanut kicked hard enough so that I could feel it with my hand!! I will never forget that feeling of awe and elation that I had at that second. Of course Dean wanted to try to feel the baby but peanut would have none of that so Dean's still waiting to get punched in the hand.
~
18 more days (Aug 22nd) until we find out what our little peanut is!! Dean and I are still betting it's a boy, but only time will tell! No matter what we have we will be thrilled. We just want a healthy and happy little chunker. Peanut is starting to show some and I am getting that lovely baby bump and I am going to be forced to upgrade to some oh-so-lovely maternity pants and shirts soon.
~
We fly to WA tomorrow night for 5 days for a family reunion, and I must say that we're pretty excited to visit with everyone. We haven't been to WA since last September for Chelsey's wedding, but yet it feels like it's been years and years since we've been there. Now I just need to finish tidying up our house so that we have a clean home to come home to...

8 comments:

Devin and Chelsey said...

YEAH for you to come HOME and visit with all of us! Who's excited? I'm excited!!!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness that is AMAZING! I am so thrilled for you guys. It's such an exciting milestone. Totally awesome. =)

lisapants said...

How fun! I'm glad you're starting to feel movement and kicking. It just makes everything seem so much more real. THERE IS A BABY LIVING INSIDE YOU!! And now you can feel the little peanut moving around.

Also awesome, we get to see you guys on Wednesday!!! Dance of Joy!!

Chad said...

See everyone?!? So what are we - chopped liver!! Just kidding but I was really bummed out when I heard you weren't going to be able to stop by. Call us when you are here and we will see where we are at.

Adrian said...

Congratulations! Kicking babies are so fun!! I hope it's a girl so that I can give you girl clothes. Do you want our glider? We're ready to give it away, so you get first dibs. Also I have a few more toys and a push toy (this is really planning ahead, I know) for you, and if it is a girl, you have a bunch of clothes coming your way. Have a good vacation- call and let me know if you want the glider.

Debra said...

That is an amazing feeling I will always miss now that we are done having kids. Enjoy it. It is a miracle!!!! Have a fun trip!

AdamOndi said...

You should totally take that free glider. Those things are great for rocking babies. Joshua is a fan.

Anyway, congratulations on feeling your giant uterine parasite kick for the first time.

Amy said...

Hooray! You get to find out what you are having today!!!! I am SO excited for you!!!! :-)