Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wonderful Washington Weekend...

Honig and I flew to WA on the 6th of this month (it was supposed to be the 5th but we gave up our seats for guaranteed first class tickets on the first flight the next morning and the airline paid for our hotel and food that night in Chicago and gave us 2 free roundtrip tickets anywhere United flies so how could we say no to that sweet deal?!) for a Holmes family reunion (Honig's mom's side of the family) in Moses Lake. We had just over 24 hours in Seattle before we had to leave to drive over to Moses Lake and every single second was jam packed. Not a moment was wasted.

Honig was LOVING first class. It was his first time flying in first so he felt like royalty. He had so much leg room he didn't know what to do.



Once we were picked up from the airport by Chelsey and Lance and ran to their work to say hi to honig's sister Kristene, we were off to visit our wonderful friend Annalisa. She and her hubby and 5 kids lived just up the street from us here in Davenport and her husband just graduated Palmer and he is practicing in Federal Way. What are the odds!?! We had an awesome time seeing and chitty chatting with her and playing with her kids for a little while.
Then from there we ran over to honig's biological dad's house in Auburn and visited with him for a little while. Sorry, no pictures for that one.


Then we headed over to our friends Sean and Anika's house in Federal Way and got together with them and our other much missed friends Adam and Lisa and their little boy Joshua. Food was eaten, cards were played, and many laughs were had.


Anika and I are both preggie. Anika is due in the end of October and I'm due in the beginning of January. How cute are both those bellies!


After we left Anika's we dropped off Lisa and headed to Denny's in SeaTac to meet up with my wonderful Hannah at 10PM. She lives in Vancouver and happened to be in Seattle for work training so that was awesome. We were there until almost midnight visiting and laughing and then it was time to head on out because I was getting deliriously tired. We'd been up for almost 21 straight hours so it was time to hit the hay.


The next morning honig and I got up early and ran back over to his dad's place for a little bit to get some papers we needed and then from there we headed to Edgewood to see my mom and sister and niece and nephew. We rocked out playing RockBand and honig and I realized that we can't jam like a 9 and 12 year old can.


But we sure had fun trying.


Then once we were all done saying hi and chatting at my sister's house, we headed off to go grab our things at Chelsey's and then the whole family met over at Kristene's in Kent to caravan over to Moses Lake. We all made good time on our way over there and the best part of the whole thing was that honig actually felt our baby move for the first time with his hand just after we crossed over the Columbia River. The look of complete joy on his face at that moment was priceless.
Once we arrived at our hotel and checked in, we all decided to go out to Mexican. Hence, the above picture.

Look at my little quilt tying hubby. He does love to help out grandma whenever she needs a hand.
There were a billion family members at the reunion so it felt like there was minimal face time with everyone because you had to make sure to say hi to everyone and not leave anyone out, but it was awesome because I got to meet my wonderful cousin Kelsey, her ADORABLE kids, her mom Karen, Brittany and her daughter Kaelyn, cousin Jenna and her hubby and twin boys, Hillary, and Mary for the first time and I had been dying to meet them for the past 3 years.

Brittany and Ty got married at the reunion by Uncle Tim. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception and their daughter Kaelyn looked like a little princess. Brittany looked absolutely gorgeous in her wedding dress.

Mom, Dad, Chelsey and Devin waiting for the ceremony to get started.



Grandma's 75th birthday happened to fall during the reunion so the whole family got together for a buffet and an ode to grandma presentation. I must have teared up 5 different times while each of her 8 children individually gave a touching tribute to their loving mother.


Samuel and I are just hanging out.


Enjoying the catered dinner.


All of the family that made it to the reunion. Isn't it amazing that all of those people and more are here as a result of 2 people?!


Honig's Mom's brood minus 1.


Awww, a brother and sister that love eachother.



Honig and I with Grandma and Grandpa just before we had to drive back to Seattle to catch our flight home on Sunday.


They each can raise an eyebrow.


And of course we had to get another belly shot of our wonderful peanut.
We feel so fortunate that we were able to attend the reunion and to see how immensely we have been blessed with loving and kind family members. Just 2 more years until the next reunion...


4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I wonder if the eyebrow raise is a Holmes thing. I do that all the time, and Miguel loves it. He can't do it.

Anyway, my biggest let down about the Holmes reunion was not getting to spend more time with you and Dean. For reals. I was really looking forward to hanging out with you guys, but it just never worked out. I guess I'll just have to make sure another decade doesn't pass without me going to a reunion. It sure was great to at least meet you in person though!

Mummy said...

What a fun time! And you actually used the expression, "face time." Too funny!

Ashleigh said...

Awwww, how fun. It's sounds like it was a pretty packed trip. Too bad we didn't get to see you guys, but I know how it goes when you're only there for so long and you've got a million people to see and cram into one trip. We should have come up to see you instead of trying to make you come see us, but it all didn't work out, and it's alright. We will definitely be see eachother again in the near future. Love you Chelle!!

lisapants said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to come out. It was great to see you and hang out, if only for a little while. I love family reunions; I'm glad you guys had a good time at yours.