Ok guys and gals, I have a little math problem for you. Dean and I disagree on the answer but I want to see what you guys come up with:
There are 7 girls on a bus.
Each girl has 7 backpacks.
In each backpack, there are 7 big cats.
For every big cat, there are 7 little cats.
Question: How many legs are on the bus?
Scroll down to the very bottom of the page to see our 2 different answers and our reasoning for each of them. What answer did YOU end up with?
7 comments:
buses don't have legs...
I got the same as you, Chelle. Plus, it just says 7 girls on a bus. It doesn't say they're young girls. One of the girls could be the driver. Girls can drive, too.
I must have missed something because i only got 9990 legs. I'm with you though chelle, you don't have to worry about the bus driver. I bet he wasn't there.
I agree with you Chelle (sorry Dean). I think that you don't have to have a bus driver to have a bus full of girls and cats. The bus driver could have been anywhere.
I came up with 10990. I figure one of the girls is driving the bus since there is no mention of a driver. Dean needs to buck up and admit defeat! Heh!
There are 10990 legs riding on the bus, provided there are no boys with cats in backpacks also... But looking at it another way, busses have wheels, not legs.
This is the easiest question ever! I don't know why anyone would post such a lame math problem. I guess you would have to be into that 3rd grade math stuff to enjoy this!! (just kidding, I love these sorts of questions.)
PS - Chelle, I have to agree with you. Sorry Dean but your wife scares me!
Post a Comment