As most people know, I have been having crazy morning and all day sickness. I want to push people who say that 'you're not really sick unless you're throwing up' out a 5th story window because that is so not true. Most days from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed I am crazy weak, my upper stomach is distended and bloated and uncomfortable, I have to force myself to eat, and I am nauseous, just to name a couple of symptoms. This past week was particularly hard in the sense that I gagged on almost everything that went into my mouth, water included, and I was not able to sleep at all. I had gone for about a week on 2 hours of sleep per night because my brain was in rapid fire mode and I could not get it to shut off no matter what I tried. So almost no sleep coupled with little food equals 5 pounds of weight loss in 5 days and my body feeling like it is shutting down. Seriously, this past Friday after my 2 seconds of sleep I felt like my body was shutting down and that if something didn't end up changing quick, I was going to end up in the hospital soon. I called my doctor's office and they had me come in at 10:30 to check me out and see if the baby was ok. Sadly, Dean couldn't be there because he was taking his first final at that time and professors don't let you retake finals to save your life so I dropped him off at school and made the trek to the dr's by myself. They did an ultrasound to see if baby was still thriving and thankfully it still is and the heartbeat is a strong 160 beats per minute. Despite feeling like I was going to die right there on the table, it was still an absolutely amazing experience to get to see our little peanut for the first time and to see its heart beating. I would have given anything for Dean to be right there to experience that same joy with me. My midwife said I have a worse than average case of morning sickness and she gave me some pills to help me sleep and said to try that first and then if I don't actually get some sleep that night to call and they'll try another avenue. Later in the afternoon we went to a new chiropractor that was highly recommended pregnancy and his adjustment was wonderful. Thankfully I actually slept that night and Dean literally sat vigil by my bedside until 2AM to make sure I was sleeping because he was so worried about baby and me. He gave me 2 wonderful blessings that I believe made all the difference and I am eternally grateful for him and his priesthood. We were both praying so hard this last week for comfort and rest to come to me so that I can be healthy and so our peanut can thrive and we feel like our prayers were answered on Friday night. It's not to say that each day isn't difficult and a struggle, but Friday was one for the books and as long as I don't have another repeat of that day, I think I'll make it. Pregnancy is a lot harder than I thought it would be but I know one day it will all be worth it when they lay that slimy and goopy baby on my stomach and together we get to see our little miracle.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Let me tell you about THAT week...
Despite having one of the absolute WORST weeks ever imaginable, 1 good thing did come out of it, we got our very first picture of our little peanut. The head is on the left hand side and then the rest of the cute little body is on the right. The little round hollow circle is the yolk sac. Thankfully baby is doing just fine and is measuring right on track. It's 1 inch long and I got to see the heartbeat which was an amazing experience. Now the story for WHY I got to see the heartbeat...
As most people know, I have been having crazy morning and all day sickness. I want to push people who say that 'you're not really sick unless you're throwing up' out a 5th story window because that is so not true. Most days from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed I am crazy weak, my upper stomach is distended and bloated and uncomfortable, I have to force myself to eat, and I am nauseous, just to name a couple of symptoms. This past week was particularly hard in the sense that I gagged on almost everything that went into my mouth, water included, and I was not able to sleep at all. I had gone for about a week on 2 hours of sleep per night because my brain was in rapid fire mode and I could not get it to shut off no matter what I tried. So almost no sleep coupled with little food equals 5 pounds of weight loss in 5 days and my body feeling like it is shutting down. Seriously, this past Friday after my 2 seconds of sleep I felt like my body was shutting down and that if something didn't end up changing quick, I was going to end up in the hospital soon. I called my doctor's office and they had me come in at 10:30 to check me out and see if the baby was ok. Sadly, Dean couldn't be there because he was taking his first final at that time and professors don't let you retake finals to save your life so I dropped him off at school and made the trek to the dr's by myself. They did an ultrasound to see if baby was still thriving and thankfully it still is and the heartbeat is a strong 160 beats per minute. Despite feeling like I was going to die right there on the table, it was still an absolutely amazing experience to get to see our little peanut for the first time and to see its heart beating. I would have given anything for Dean to be right there to experience that same joy with me. My midwife said I have a worse than average case of morning sickness and she gave me some pills to help me sleep and said to try that first and then if I don't actually get some sleep that night to call and they'll try another avenue. Later in the afternoon we went to a new chiropractor that was highly recommended pregnancy and his adjustment was wonderful. Thankfully I actually slept that night and Dean literally sat vigil by my bedside until 2AM to make sure I was sleeping because he was so worried about baby and me. He gave me 2 wonderful blessings that I believe made all the difference and I am eternally grateful for him and his priesthood. We were both praying so hard this last week for comfort and rest to come to me so that I can be healthy and so our peanut can thrive and we feel like our prayers were answered on Friday night. It's not to say that each day isn't difficult and a struggle, but Friday was one for the books and as long as I don't have another repeat of that day, I think I'll make it. Pregnancy is a lot harder than I thought it would be but I know one day it will all be worth it when they lay that slimy and goopy baby on my stomach and together we get to see our little miracle.
As most people know, I have been having crazy morning and all day sickness. I want to push people who say that 'you're not really sick unless you're throwing up' out a 5th story window because that is so not true. Most days from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed I am crazy weak, my upper stomach is distended and bloated and uncomfortable, I have to force myself to eat, and I am nauseous, just to name a couple of symptoms. This past week was particularly hard in the sense that I gagged on almost everything that went into my mouth, water included, and I was not able to sleep at all. I had gone for about a week on 2 hours of sleep per night because my brain was in rapid fire mode and I could not get it to shut off no matter what I tried. So almost no sleep coupled with little food equals 5 pounds of weight loss in 5 days and my body feeling like it is shutting down. Seriously, this past Friday after my 2 seconds of sleep I felt like my body was shutting down and that if something didn't end up changing quick, I was going to end up in the hospital soon. I called my doctor's office and they had me come in at 10:30 to check me out and see if the baby was ok. Sadly, Dean couldn't be there because he was taking his first final at that time and professors don't let you retake finals to save your life so I dropped him off at school and made the trek to the dr's by myself. They did an ultrasound to see if baby was still thriving and thankfully it still is and the heartbeat is a strong 160 beats per minute. Despite feeling like I was going to die right there on the table, it was still an absolutely amazing experience to get to see our little peanut for the first time and to see its heart beating. I would have given anything for Dean to be right there to experience that same joy with me. My midwife said I have a worse than average case of morning sickness and she gave me some pills to help me sleep and said to try that first and then if I don't actually get some sleep that night to call and they'll try another avenue. Later in the afternoon we went to a new chiropractor that was highly recommended pregnancy and his adjustment was wonderful. Thankfully I actually slept that night and Dean literally sat vigil by my bedside until 2AM to make sure I was sleeping because he was so worried about baby and me. He gave me 2 wonderful blessings that I believe made all the difference and I am eternally grateful for him and his priesthood. We were both praying so hard this last week for comfort and rest to come to me so that I can be healthy and so our peanut can thrive and we feel like our prayers were answered on Friday night. It's not to say that each day isn't difficult and a struggle, but Friday was one for the books and as long as I don't have another repeat of that day, I think I'll make it. Pregnancy is a lot harder than I thought it would be but I know one day it will all be worth it when they lay that slimy and goopy baby on my stomach and together we get to see our little miracle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
WOW, I'm glad everything is OK and that Peanut Sheldon is still doing fine. And what a cute picture! That sucks that things are so rough for you right now. My prayers are with yours that you can get some rest and stay healthy!
I am so sorry you are going through this. I was the same way with my 3rd pregnancy. They even took her 2 weeks early because I was sick the entire 38 weeks. Are they not giving you IV fluids since you cannot keep water down? MAKE SURE you are not getting dehydrated!!! They gave me something in my IV once to combat nausea and it made me sleepy. I cannot remember the name though, but I slept great that night!!!
If you need ANYTHING please call me. I will tell you that every pregnancy is different. I was only that sick with one of mine. For 8 1/2 months the ONLY thing I could eat was a Wendy's chicken sandwich. Seriously. 3 times a day. So don't worry about getting the proper nutrients. The baby will take everything from you.
I think it's easier when you ARE throwing up and not feeling nauseous, so go ahead & push those folks out of a 5th story window.
Or, perhaps, when they take the slimy baby over to the table to poke and prod it so that it screams even more, while they stitch up your 4th degree tear.... But once they finish wiping him or her off, get you cleaned up, and lay the swaddled, sleeping little bundle of joy, then everyone leaves the room except you and Dean, and all you can do is start to cry and say, "Now what?!?!?" That's when it all is worth it.
welcome. you have arrived! There is no turning back. you MUST endure. You can't back out. Its all ahead of you. And you will still wonder when its all over, What did I do before this?
:)
I'ms so sorry to hear you are having such an awful time! Your peanut looks so precious, it's amazing to think we all start out so little!
Poor Michelle! I'm glad the baby is fine. Isn't it great to hear? It's still awful, but at least you know he/she is doing well. Are you still going to try to go to girl's camp? If not, let me know when Dean's going to be gone, and I'll come visit you while you lay on the couch!
Post a Comment