Friday, June 20, 2008

Beautiful sound...

Dean and I had our 3rd OB appt today, and we got to hear our little peanut's heartbeat for the first time and it was absolutely the most beautiful sound in the world!!! Its heart is beating at a normal and strong 160 beats per minute like it should be. It took the midwife a little bit of searching with the Doppler to find it and I got nervous for a few seconds because it seemed like it was taking longer than I thought it would, but as soon as she found it and we started hearing those beautiful "lub-dubs", I, of course, started tearing up and immediatly craned my neck so I could see Dean since I was laying down and smiled at him. He will even admit that he teared up a little too. So all is well with our peanut and we pray everyday that everything will continue to go just fine and we can welcome a happy and healthy peanut into our family by Jan 6th. We feel so blessed by Heavenly Father, and also feel so blessed that I have been feeling tons better. Some days are still hard but I feel like I am over the worst of the all day sickness and it's bearable now. I am sleeping at night and I have a selective appetite which is a lot better than when I had no appetite. Dean has been the most amazing husband and support through this and has taken phenomenal care of me when I haven't been able to function. He is my life.

3 comments:

Devin and Chelsey said...

YEAH for Baby sheldon and it's heart beat! i can't wait for your guys, even more, I can't wait for me!!! Babies!!!! that's all i can say! Glad you are feeling better and able to sleep and eat some, I think I would punch myslef in the face if I couldn't sleep. love you guys!

lisapants said...

Isn't it amazing to realize there is a little person actually growing inside you with a heart beat and everything? I'm glad you are feeling better!!

AdamOndi said...

Good times. It is a nail-biting sort of experience when they start searching around for the heartbeat the first time. It always seems like it takes forever.

Anyway, I thought you should read this important news story:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/woman_overjoyed_by_giant_uterine