I started my first day of school at Capri College of Massage Therapy this last Monday, the 17th, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I will admit though that it is sooooooo much more difficult than I thought it was going to be, but I am up for the challenge. On the first day we went over the standard rules, regulations, and outline of the program, and then they threw 4 hours worth of anatomy lecture in right away. That sort of suprised me, but I guess it's better to get started on it and get it going from the get go. Then on the second day we had more anatomy lecture, and then we spent the afternoon doing hands on learning. How to set up the tables, how to drape, etc. Then on day 3 we had a quiz on the first half of Chapter 1 of A&P, then they started teaching us Theory, Bones and Muscles, we did a little bit of Practical, and we took some notes on Pathology. Yeah, that was the day we decided that I needed this to be my full time focus and that I wasn't going to be able to stay at my job because they had me going straight over from school and working until 8PM and then I was going to have to study until midnight or 1AM. Yeah, that's not happening. But my employer was understanding and they told me that if I needed a job when I was done that I have a position there with my name on it.
I have already learned how to give a posterior leg massage, and part of my homework this weekend was to go through the 'routine'-basically the massaging movements that they've taught us so far, on 3 different people and have them sign off on a sheet and turn it in on Monday. So I did the massage on my friends Keven and Tiff on Thursday, and I still have to do it to Dean but I'll have to get up early tomorrow morning and do it because we don't study or do homework on Sunday.
Honestly, I'm completely overwhelmed with how much studying and homework I have, but I just have to become a master at time management. I studied all day yesterday and didn't even get as far as I needed/wanted to. So that means that I'll be getting up at 5AM tomorrow morning to memorize some notecards because I have an A&P test in the morning.
I can't wait to learn everything in school, and I'm always eager to hear more. I make sure to ask tons of questions, I'm sure it's annoying to my classmates, but I don't care. We're not paying tons of money for me so sit there and be too shy to ask questions and fall behind.
It's going to be a good ride.
The token 1st day of school picture. Except that I'm 25. Sad, I know.
chelle's 1st day of school self portraits.
"I'm SO EXCITED to be starting school today!" picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment