Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our Basement

The deep, dark, scary parts of our house....our basement. Okay, I'm exaggerating. It's not scary. And it's not dark. And it's just a below ground basement. It's unfinished and pretty blase, as you can see from the pictures.We keep all of our storage stuff under the stairs (right side of the picture). Keep our bikes in the back right corner.
It's actually pretty open. We only have the treadmill off to one side of the room and the rest of the stuff lines the wall. Like our makeshift bookcase? We got it from our friends Chad and Ash when they were moving.

Here's our food storage in our basement. We slowly but surely are adding to it to try to get up to the recommended year supply. We guesstimate that we have about 4 months worth of food right there, and a good 6-8 months worth of toilet paper on the top shelf. You can never have too much toilet paper.


We always try to keep 2 weeks worth of water (it's recommended 1 gallon per person per day) in our basement just in case of an emergency. Dean and I have been feeling very inspired lately to get on the ball with our storage and emergency preparedness supplies. We still have a bunch more we need to stock up on but we can't buy it all at once.
  • So now you have a little bit of a better look at the Sheldon basement. Just what you needed to brighten your day.



1 comment:

Kelsey said...

That is the most organized basement I have ever seen. I wish I could attain even half of that level of organization in at least one room in my home. Alas, it is not so. Thanks for sharing your blog!

-Kelsey (Dean's cousin)