Thursday, August 23, 2007

25 more days...

Only 25 more days until I start massage therapy school at Capri College of Massage Therapy. My class will be the first one in the new building about 2 miles down the road from the old one. Capri bought an 18,500 sq. foot warehouse and did a complete build out in it and I hear it looks amazing inside. They should be done and will open their doors about 5 days before I start classes. I guess the freak spontaneous rainstorms we've been having here every other day have been holding them back from finishing the parking lot.

I'm so excited to start classes so that I can learn more about the human body, and so I can learn how to be an instrument in helping others feel better whether it be emotionally or physically. Massage addresses such a wide range of aches and pains. In fact, I just got a massage a couple of hours ago and it wasn't for anything specific, it was just a "hurt so good" kind of massage. I feel great. I feel so blessed to be able to go back to school, and I feel even more blessed that I was guided to this profession. There were obvious signs that this is what I am supposed to do, and I am just glad that I had my eyes open wide enough to see them. Dean and I feel so fortunate to be able to pursue our interests.



Now, as for Palmer.... it is going GREAT! Dean is loving his classes and he is doing very well in them. He especially loves his technique classes. He cracks me up when he will just spontaneously set up to do a toggle adjustment and then deliver it into thin air on an imaginary patient. It at least shows that he's practicing. He wants to win the "toggle off" at the end of the trimester. It's a competition between all of the students in his trimester to see who has the best form and setup on a fake patient. I'll keep you posted in how that turns out in October.

He loves chiropractic and he loves Palmer. He's going to be a phenomenal doctor, and I can't wait to see how he changes his patients lives for the better.

No comments: