Monday, May 3, 2010

Five reasons...


This picture was taken at a delicious hibachi grill restaurant in Bettendorf, Iowa mere hours after my handsome hubster graduated in October. Nothing to celebrate years of hard work like gorging yourself on meat and veggies and rice while your chef chucks and spins incredibly sharp knives and sets a tower of grilling onions on fire just 3 feet away from you and about singes off your baby girl's hair. It was a good day.
~
So, I suddenly had a hankering to post 5 reasons why I like my husband. And like him I do.
~
1. He changes our oil in our van. May sound lame to some, but I really appreciate it. It saves us a ton of money, and I don't have to listen to the goobers at the Quickie Lubey Changey tell this little southern miss who can't possibly know anything about automobiles about how they should probably use Italian imported oil made out of cats and the shavings of diamonds to give my van a better shot at running longer because she sure is looking in rough shape. And they should probably do an entire oil tranny coolant adamantium system flush because surely it'll break down by next week if I don't. The whole thing will only cost $587.33 so would I like to pay with debit or credit? I'll think I'll pay with cred....
~
2. He loves our daughter. Love love love love love love love love loves her. Times a bajillion. Every single night after we kneel down and say family prayers and I kiss her face off, he takes her upstairs and he sits in her rocking chair and gives her a bottle and sings Primary songs to her and rocks her to sleep. Oh but there's more. You didn't just think that he sat there with only a bottle and our baby in his arms, did you? It wouldn't be Dean if he didn't also have his Petzl headlamp on (Pants, best $30 gift you've ever given, he's used the crud out of it) with a book in hand. After Kara falls asleep, click click, and his headlamp's on and he's reading his book while still holding our sleepy baby. Sometimes he'll read and snuggle her for only 10 minutes after she's asleep, but let's be real, most of the time it's at least a half hour, if not an hour. And I think that's the sweetest thing in the world. See?
~
3. He makes the best tater tots and eggs I've ever had. And honey baked ham. And this Mexican dip. Mmmmmm.....
~
4. He is the whitest dancer I've ever seen and I LOVE IT! Sometimes I'll start dancing, and I'll come up to him and start dancing with him and then he starts shaking his groove thang and.... you just have to see it. It's hilarious and oh-so-cute.
~
5. He is a chiropractor. And he adjusts me whenever I need/want him to. And he is good at it. And I love that about him. And I love him.

1 comment:

Lisa And Randy said...

I think it is time you update your blog!! You can do it right before you pack up Kara and ship her to her favorite "Aunt" Lisa.