Monday, March 9, 2009

My beautiful Mom...

My sweet, beautiful, loving Mom is on her way to heaven right now. My Mom had an unexpected brain aneursym today and there is nothing they can do to stop it. She was taken off the intubator and is breathing on her own right now but it is just a matter of time until the bleed takes over. I am eternally grateful that we went to Utah 2 weeks ago to see my mom on our way to WA and that I got to see her and laugh with her one last time. And I am SO thankful that she got to meet her granddaughter. She absolutely LOVED Kara and wanted to hold her all the time while we were there and smother her with kisses. I love my Mom so much and she has taught me more than she will ever know. I will miss you Mom and can't wait to see you in Heaven. Please have a bag of heavenly cheesy popcorn waiting for me...


17 comments:

Ashleigh said...

OH, Chelle, you poor thing. So much has gone on is such a short period of time and I just want to hug you and be there for you. We love you so much and are praying for you!

lisapants said...

I love the second and third pictures where they are smiling at each other.

What else can I say besides I love you and am praying for you during this trying time. It's sad to watch your friends go through something like this, and I want you to know that we are here for you and Dean. Never forget the support you have from your family and friends and I hope you can feel the sustaining power of their prayers for you.

Debra said...

Oh Chelle, I am so sorry. You and Dean have had your share of challenges lately. What wonderful knowledge u have that u will have ur mom forever!! I will keep u guys in my prayers.

Amy said...

Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know what you are going through and it is so hard. Hang in there, we are praying for you and your family.

crazy lady said...

Oh dear. My heart goes out to you. You're right, what a blessing that you got to see her and she got to meet sweet Kara. Those pictures will be a treasure for you and Kara. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i'm so sorry, chelle. but i'm so glad you have the eternal perspective to make everything just that much better. now she will be able to guide you through raising kara better than when she was alive. :) thank goodness for wonderful moms. love you!

rachel b. said...

You two have had quite the run these past few months, huh? I'm sorry it's been so rough. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. If there's anything I can do to help (I'm good at comforting hugs! And baking goodies!), let me know, okay?

Samantha Fife said...

Dean! Long time no see buddy! this is Jordan Fife and believe it or not, I live near you in Iowa City. Come visit sometime, or at least check out our little blog.....

Adios.

Leslie said...

Michelle! I am so so sorry! My mouth has dropped! This breaks my heart. I love you and hope you guys will get through this tough time. Mom's are the best and I remember your mom from when i was a wee little child. She was a sweetheart!

MissMeliss said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss...I am in denial that she has passed on. I guess I expected her to live forever--mortally speaking. We will miss her quick whit and sense of humor. We love you and will pray for you and your family.

Devin and Chelsey said...

I LOVED the one where they are both smiling at eachother! That's priceless!

Bronson Clan said...

I'm so sorry Chelle. We are keeping you in our prayers, and we love you guys so much.

Ella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ella said...

I am so sorry Chelle! Please know that you and your family are in me and Payton's prayers!
*HUGS*
PamELLA (from Palmer)

Nate and Marcie said...

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet mom. I remember such great things about her. I hope you are doing okay, please know you and your family are in our prayers.

mom7gma14 said...

Michelle, I was so sorry to hear about your mom. It seems just like yesterday she was visiting here in Federal Way and updating me on all the things you and your sisters were doing. I can not believe that she is gone. She was such a blessing to me when she served with me in Young Womens. My heart aches, but I am sure not as much as yours does. What a darling baby, she is really a doll. I love the pictures with her and grandma. I'm glad she got to meet her. Please keep in touch and let me know what is going on in your world. I miss so many of you girls for those YW days. I am glad you have your gospel understanding to get you through these rough times. I am praying for you and your family. I know your mom is smiling down saying don't worry about me I am doing fine and it will be just ashort time before you are all here with me. Life is truly short enjoy your family and your new peanut, they grow so fast.

All my love, Pam Johnson

Matt 'n Terri said...

Hey Michelle. I just read this posting...I am so sorry to hear about your momma. I know that must have bee/be soooo hard. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Most definitely will keep you in my prayers. Are you guys still close to Peoria?