Monday, January 5, 2009

We get to go home tomorrow!!!...

PRAYER WORKS!!!! We want to thank everyone who has so lovingly offered prayers and fasted for our sweet little Kara. We cannot adequately express how touched we are to know that she has had family, friends, and complete strangers fasting and praying for her to get better. We attribute the many many prayers made on her behalf to 110% improvement that Kara made in the wee hours of the morning and throughout today. Peanut is peeing and pooping finally like she should, which means her bilirubin levels are starting drop thankfully. She's still a finicky eater, but that is just something that we'll have to work with her on. Her white blood cell count is in safe range and her frenulum snipping went well. She's still the most gorgeous baby we've ever seen and has the best little personality and we can't wait to take her home tomorrow. Again, thank you to everyone who has called, emailed, texted, visited, and prayed for Kara. She is our resilient little baby and has such a strong spirit and is loved by so many. The neonatologist said she gets to go home tomorrow morning as long as her last bilirubin draw, which they'll do at 5AM, comes back in safe range and since the pooping gates have opened up and she is able to get rid of that bili waste, it should hopefully come back fine. So hopefully we'll be strapping her into her adorable car seat and whisking our daughter away to her loving home that is waiting for her.
Thank you everyone. We love you all and are eternally grateful in behalf of our daughter.


10 comments:

lisapants said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad things have improved so much. Keep working on the eating, she'll figure it out soon enough. She is so adorable! Great pictures.

Ashleigh said...

She's so precious! I'm glad things are turning around and that she'll hopefully be going home tomorrow. What a relief! The eating will pick up, no worries there. We love you guys and love little Kara. She's so beautiful! I want to come out and do a little photo shoot with her. That would be so awesome

Debra said...

WOOHOO! That is awesome!!! Now you will get to hold her and cuddle her all day long!! So much fun!

Prayer so works. With my medicine I had to eat a cracker and take it with water and my 2 oldest yelled at me because "we are all supposed to be fasting for little baby Kara." This was Joseph's first fast since being baptized. It was very special.

I still cannot get over how adorable her little nose is! Her features are so dainty... what a little princess. Thanks for letting me hold her. Though, it had an opposite effect. It made me WANT another baby. But then I came home to what newborns turn into... pre-adolescent kids. So I will make do with the puppy I pick up in 10 days! LOL

Call me day or night if you need anything or have any questions!

Amy said...

First of all, that girl is getting cuter by the minute!!

Second, I'm SO SO glad that she finally gets to go home. You must be relieved and thrilled.

Michelle said...

Yeah! I'm SO glad to hear you get to take her home! She is so precious. Prayer does work! Enjoy your lil peanut! Love the photos!

rachel b. said...

Hurray! I'm so glad she's doing well. She's honestly so adorable, and I can't wait to come visit you guys and see her at home!!!

AdamOndi said...

Good times. The best thing ever is when you get her home, and you don't have to hear all that horrid beeping and all the alarms from the monitors in the NICU. I still don't know how the babies sleep with all that racket.

Anyway, I am so happy that you get to take her home today.

crazy lady said...

I'm SOooo glad to hear things are improving so well. and can I just say, she is ADORABLE! My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you.

The Howell's said...

I am a complete stranger to you but am a friend of Grandma Holmes. Congratulations on you new blessing and best of luck from a new mommy herself.

Brittany said...

Wow she looks so much like Dean in those pictures! We are so glad she is healthy and that you guys are finally home. Hospital stays are no fun.