We have been home since the 7th and I apologize for the lack of posts or updates but we've had company here with us and I didn't want to spend a lot of time on the computer and I wanted to spend time with Kara. She is napping right now next to me and I finally had to put her down because I figured I needed both hands to type.
Honig and I want to thank everyone from the depth of our souls for all the care, concern, prayers, and fasting that took place for our little Kara. She made drastic improvements right after everyone fasted and prayed for her and we KNOW Heavenly Father answered all of the many many prayers that were said on her behalf. We saw miracles happen in that NICU. And we want to thank everyone that prayed for the sustaining of Honig and I while in the hospital; we found out we are a lot stronger than we thought we were and that our bodies and minds were capable of handling a lot of stress. Of course there were tears that were shed in our room because one thing after another kept going wrong, but new mommy and daddy adrenaline kept us going. Those 7 days in the NICU are such a blur but yet we can remember everything that went on there. We both slept maybe 3 hours per day there because they kept me on a rigorous feeding schedule and then I had to pump, Honig would clean the bottles, I'd go potty, make sure to drink enough, find something to eat, and the nurses came in at least once an hour to check on Kara and my adrenaline just kept pumping and my brain wouldn't shut off to let me go to sleep because I knew I had to feed her again in less than an hour so I just stayed up. It's easier said than done, sleeping in a NICU. Honig was a PHENOMENAL support from the second my water broke until we walked out of Genesis as a family of 3 a week ago, and of course he still is an amazing support to Kara and I. I am amazed at how much dedication he has as a father and husband, and my heart wants to burst with love and appreciation for him.
Thank you everyone that visited and that called and texted. Sorry we couldn't return everyone's phone calls; those were busy times and we were deliriously tired sometimes. We feel so loved by so many I can't quite find the words I want to express our gratitude. Thank you, just thank you.
Life at home is wonderful and it isn't hard like so many people say it is. We think that's because we had such a baptism by fire experience in the NICU so life here in the Sheldon household is so easygoing and quiet and we can hold Kara all we want and she doesn't have to be stuck and poked and prodded several times a day, which I know she appreciates. She still has her days and nights mixed up but that's ok. We'll fix that over time. She is quite the master of making faces and she loves to "sing" while sleeping. It's hilarious. She makes us laugh all the time, and we're pretty sure she's trying to set a record for going through the most diapers in one day. She has a talent for having a poopy diaper and then as soon as she's changed and has a clean one on, she poops in that one 2 seconds later. She's awesome.
We LOVE LOVE LOVE being parents and it brings us more joy than we ever thought possible. It's so much easier than we thought it would be, and plus we are easygoing people and that transfers over to her and she is such a good baby. It feels so natural and it feels like she's been a part of our family forever.
We are blessed.
Now for the real reason you are stalking our blog.... PICTURES!!!!
She likes to lick her collar.
I'm gonna guess she was hungry.
Kara getting her first round of antibiotics.
So sad.
17 comments:
It just makes me love her so much! I love her even though I've never met her. She's a doll!!! I can't wait to come out there and intrude on your lives. I can't wait to take pictures of her! Only 1 more week!!!!!
Adorable pictures! So glad she's doing well and that you guys are ENJOYING this stage! :)
I've enjoyed following your blog! Congrats you guys look like the happiest family!! I was at Younkers the other day and they have a little pink outfit that says "lil peanut" and I thought of you guys..you need to go get it!!
I can't blame her for not completely enjoying a bath in a tub that only half her body fits in! I wouldn't like that either!
Words can hardly express just how happy I am for you guys! She is absolutely beautiful! It just kill me that I can't be there to hold her and kiss those squishy cheeks! I miss and love you all!
Aw, cute. She has such an expressive face already. It's funny how quickly babies start showing their emotions and thoughts. Much sooner than I ever expected before Joshua came along.
She's GORGEOUS! I am so going to attack her when I am not surrounded by sick kids!!!
Cute, cute, cute. Glad everything is good now that you are home.
She really is so beautiful, and trust me, I don't just say that about every baby!
Awwwwwwwww, precious. She looks JUST like Dean in that one shot! Weird.
So, sorry I haven't visited you/returned your calls and text. I am going through quite the medical predicament. I'll give you all the gory details later. It's disgusting and gross.
Thanks so much for the update and pics!!! She is so cute! Given me a case of baby fever!! lol! Let us know if you need anything.
Hi Michelle,
I am so glad things are going so well. She is just gorgeous! Please let me know if I can do anything... run errands or anything you need! Hope to see you and the baby soon!
Congratulations! She is one gorgeous little girl. I am glad to hear that she's doing great and you guys are home and doing well. She's a cutie!!!
I HAVE been checking for pics everyday...stalker or not :0) She is absolutely gorgeous! So glad everything straightened out and you are all home and happy. Congrats!
Hey - the word verification for this is ULUMBA. I'm pretty sure that is the name of the celebratory dance you do when you get to take your healthy baby home :0)
She's the spitting image of her mommy! Glad things are going so well. We're still waiting for James to figure out days and nights, hopefully Kara adapts quicker!
She is adorable! She does look so much like her daddy. How fun for you 2.
Post a Comment